Pharmacy Support Technician (Call Center)
Tabula Rasa Healthcare Altoona, WI
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life_insurance, medical, vision
Under the supervision of the Operations Support Supervisor, the Customer Support Technician is responsible for answers calls from our clients and providing timely and accurate responses in a professional and courteous manner. This position works with internal and external clients which include: members, clinicians, pharmacies, plan sponsors and other departments within the company.
This position also assists with various internal tasks that ensure a high level of overall client satisfaction. On the job training will be provided.
Pharmastar (a Tabula Rasa HealthCare Group company) is a Pharmacy Benefits Manager (PBM) for commercial plans, Medicare Part D Plans and PACE Plans.
- Answer telephone inquiries in a pleasant, professional and efficient manner assuring exceptional customer service.
- Document all incoming calls and dialogue in the claims adjudication software.
- Educate clients on plan policies, benefits and procedures.
- Resolve client drug benefit concerns of a medical, financial, or technological nature.
- Initiate and facilitate prior authorization requests.
- Stay current on plan and benefit structures, pharmacological updates, and Medicare Part D guidelines.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Accept other duties as assigned; including but not limited to: direct member reimbursement, manual claims, reporting, enrollment activity, claims and pricing research.
- Attend department and company meetings and educational programs upon request.
- Ensures that HIPAA guidelines are followed in every communication with clients.
- Educational requirements include a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One year of professional work experience in a customer service/member service call center, or similar, is required.
- Previous call center experience in a health plan setting is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in a pharmacy support role, preferred.
- Certificate from an accredited pharmacy program, a plus.
- CPhT (Certified Pharmacy Technician) certification or obtained within 1 year of initial employment date. Training provided.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of pharmacology and pharmacological terms.
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism when working with clients.
- Ability to solve problems under pressure by making immediate decisions while on the phone.
- Detail oriented and able to prioritize workload.
- Strong computer skills including using word processors, spreadsheets, and database software.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position with an expectation to work an average of 40 hours per week, and an ability to be available outside of normal business hours to meet customer expectations on an ad-hoc basis.
Employees will be assigned one of the following shifts: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; or 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. with an option of four 10-hour days with the latest shift.
Physical Demands & Requirements:
- Communicates by way of the telephone with providers, participants, customers, and vendors; majority of the work day is spent communicating on the telephone
- Operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, fax machine and office printer
- Remains stationary for extended periods of time
- Occasionally exerts up to 20 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects
- Visual acuity to perform activities such as identifying, inputting and analyzing data on a computer terminal and/or in hard copy
- Occasional reaching to retrieve shelved items
- Occasional bending/stooping
- This job operates in a professional office environment with a conversational noise level.
- No substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions is expected.
- Moderate pressure to meet scheduled appointments and deadlines
Tabula Rasa HealthcareWhy Work Here?
Growing company with casual environment, generous benefits and growth opportunities!
TRHC provides patient-specific, data-driven technology and solutions that enable healthcare organizations to optimize medication regimens. We improve patient outcomes, reduce hospitalizations, lower healthcare costs, and manage risk. We deliver our solutions through a comprehensive suite of technology-enabled products and services for medication risk management and risk adjustment.