Under the direction of the COO or Pharmacist in Charge, the distribution Pharmacy Technician is responsible for preparing, filling and distributing prescriptions according to client orders/specifications, maintaining equipment and inventory in the pharmacy and record keeping related to patient and drug information.
- Receives electronic prescriptions, weekly batches or refill requests and accurately and efficiently fills the prescriptions under the direction of the Pharmacist. Performs pharmacy tasks such as handling, counting, mixing and packaging medications.
- Is responsible for selecting and importing orders for automation equipment dispensing, printing labels, and order management required to dispense prescriptions. Operates and monitors robotic machines that dispense medications.
- Assists in entering minor edits to record correct dispensing quantity and manufacturer NDC used to dispense prescription order.
- Prepares blister packs.
- Prepares and stages pharmaceutical supplies and drugs in the correct bins for delivery.
- Performs reclamation duties.
- Uses pharmacy software to check and/record data about prescriptions.
- Maintains proper storage and security conditions for the drugs. Cleans and helps to maintain equipment and work areas.
- Receives, stores and logs inventory and returns (upon Pharmacist approval), verifies quantities against invoices, and informs supervisors of stock needs or shortages. Remains aware of expiry dates and rotates stock to avoid dispensing out of date products.
- Uses pharmaceutical technician expertise to ensure compliance, efficiency and quality of operations. Participates in company quality initiatives, recognizing opportunities for improvements and reporting quality assurance issues. Secures information in accordance with the privacy and security guidelines of the Company and applicable regulations such as HIPAA.
Education: High school diploma or GED required.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (must agree to obtain CPhT within 6 months of employment).
- Excellent typing/data entry accuracy with good speed.
- Good computer skills to navigate proprietary and other pharmacy software.
- Able to compile, code, categorize, calculate and verify data.
- Able to count, measure and weigh Rx components.
- Strong listening/reading comprehension.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Understanding of clinical terms and impacts.
- Able to multi-task and handle multiple priorities without sacrificing quality.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Independent, responsible and self-directed.
Tabula Rasa Healthcare
Why Work Here?TRHC provides patient-specific, data-driven technology and solutions that enable healthcare organizations to optimize medication regimens. We improve patient outcomes, reduce hospitalizations, lower healthcare costs, and manage risk. We deliver our solutions through a comprehensive suite of technology-enabled products and services for medication risk management and risk adjustment.
Growing company with casual environment, generous benefits and growth opportunities!