Claims Management - Sr. Accounting Assistant
Tabula Rasa Healthcare Remote, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Description: Sr. Accounting Assistant
Summary: Under the supervision of the Accounting Manager, the Senior Accounting Assistant will perform accounting and clerical duties in accordance with standard procedures in general accounting. The position is responsible for month-end closing and reporting for a client population based on client deadlines and will also perform accounts receivable and calculate accruals.
- Review reports available for accurate GL coding
- Prepare monthly journal entries for clients based on reports
- Calculate IBNR for clients based on utilization data
- Report consistently inaccurate coding to the Accounting Manager
- Participate in client’s financial audit calls as needed
- Post all Medicare, Medicaid, and Private A/R adjustments based on adjustment request form received
- Prepare monthly journal entries related to revenue, cash, and accounts receivable
- Prepare monthly client report of expenses by specialty type
- Generate reinsurance reporting required by client
- Assist in preparation of other reports and analysis provided to clients or management
- Assists with the preparation of other reports and analysis as needed
- Communicates clearly and concisely, with sensitivity to the needs of others
- Maintains courteous, helpful and professional behavior on the job; displays a willingness and ability to be responsive in a warm and caring manner to all customer groups; consistently cooperates and supports organization in problem solving issues; ensures customer satisfaction by understanding and applying the Customer Service Policy, Procedure and Standards; will support the success of the entire team; establishes and maintains effective working relationships with co-workers
- Follows all Policies and Procedures and HIPAA regulations
- Maintains a safe working environment
- Maintains the confidentiality of all company procedures, results, and information about participants, clients, providers and employees
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with co-workers
- Participates in any required training sessions/seminars
- Understand and practice the TRHC 32 Fundamentals
- Participates in special projects as requested
Supervisory Responsibility: None
FLSA Status: Non-exempt,hourly
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Education/Experience – Educational requirements include a High School Diploma. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is preferred.
- Two years of accounting experience is required, and prior healthcare accounting experience is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience using computerized accounting systems, Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook and ten-key efficiency.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers and clients
- Skilled in problem resolution; recommends suggestions to increase accuracy and/or efficiency
- Detail-oriented with ability to focus for extended periods
- Ability to work independently, seeking supervision as needed
- Ability to communicate professionally, clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing
- Ability to have superior attendance to effectively fulfill all functions of the position
- Ability to independently follow through on assigned tasks, without prompting
- Ability to prioritize effectively
- Ability to multitask
Physical Demands & Requirements:
- Communicates by way of the telephone with participants, customers, vendors and staff
- Operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, fax machine and office printer
- Remains stationary for extended periods of time
- Occasionally exerts up to 20 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects
- Visual acuity to perform activities such as identifying, inputting and analyzing data on a computer terminal and/or in hard copy
- Frequent, repetitive use of hands/fingers entering information on a keyboard
- Occasional reaching to retrieve shelved items
- This job operates in a professional office environment with a conversational noise level.
- No substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions is expected
- Moderate pressure to meet scheduled appointments and deadlines
- Potential for occasional verbal aggression by clients and vendors
***This position may be hybrid-remote position. Adequate internet speeds and a suitable home-office environment are required for this position. All new team members will be bound by the “Teleworking Agreement’ and must continually meet the terms of the agreement to maintain hybrid-remote work status.
Tabula Rasa HealthcareWhy Work Here?
Growing company with casual environment, generous benefits and growth opportunities!
TRHC provides patient-specific, data-driven technology and solutions that enable healthcare organizations to optimize medication regimens. We improve patient outcomes, reduce hospitalizations, lower healthcare costs, and manage risk. We deliver our solutions through a comprehensive suite of technology-enabled products and services for medication risk management and risk adjustment.
Finance and Insurance