Manufacturing Production Supervisor (West Valley-Peoria)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Manufacturing Production Supervisor directs and coordinates manufacturing activities. Oversees the manufacturing process and makes sure that production teams are working smoothly and efficiently. Will work closely with supervisors and maintenance staff to plan work, set targets and make sure the finished products meet quality standards. The ideal candidate has strong manufacturing leadership experience and excellent skills, with the ability to grow and inspire people and teams. In addition to being a strong communicator, we need a Manufacturing Production Supervisor who has an excellent understanding of tactical products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Confers with management personnel to establish production and quality control standards develop cost controls and obtain data regarding quantities, specifications and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with products specifications, and operating or production problems.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Revises production schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure or operating problems.
- Consults with engineering personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products.
- Provide expertise and authoritative knowledge in the day-to-day operations of the facility.
- Lead and coordinate all activities of production and oversee all operations involved in the manufacturing and distribution of product.
- Ensure production schedules and deadlines are met as well as quality and efficiency standards.
- Manage machinery, equipment and maintenance needs.
- Supervise a high-performing production team, including daily task management, scheduling, and ensuring the facility is optimally staffed and supplied at all times.
- Training, coaching, evaluating and inspiring employees.
- Maintaining a safe and healthy work environment including regular safety inspections of work areas and investigating and correcting any workplace hazards/incidents.
- Maintain production paperwork/documentation.
- Liaison with main facility in regards to issues pertaining to finance/accounting, production, purchasing, administration and people management.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Abilities:
- Must have 3 years in operations supervision.
- Ability to listen, learn and communicate with supervisor and coworkers.
- Ability to take direction and come back with solid results/solutions.
- Ability to manage daily tasks and meet time-lines.
- Ability to focus on results.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes or restructure of priorities.
- Ability to understand tactical outwear, including the style and construction of tactical products.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
TYR TacticalWhy Work Here?
We are committed to quality; creating the best products to protect those that protect us.
TYR Tactical creates tactical gear with a commitment to the men and women who defend our country firmly in mind. The functionality and durability at the core of our tactical equipment has sparked a revolution in our industry, and made us a leader in the field of tactical gear manufacturers.
9330 N. 91st AvePhoenix, AZ
ManufacturingView all jobs at TYR Tactical