The Human Resources Manager position focuses on serving the needs, concerns and objectives of both managers and our employees through building effective partnerships and by creating trust and mutual respect. It leads the administration and implementation of Human Resources (HR) policies, programs and practices throughout the facility and acts as the liaison between the facility management and Regional/ Corporate HR.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Manage & kept up to date all policies and procedures that comply with U.S & Canadian governments and employer guidelines including OSHA, HIPAA, FMLA, ACA, and COBRA.
· Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
· Work in tandem with executive leadership to select & administer benefit programs for medical, dental, life insurance, 401 (k), and workers’ compensation for both U.S & Canada.
· Manage exempt & nonexempt recruitment, interviewing, onboarding and training. Ensure compliance with all laws and regulations including I-9 documentation and E-verify.
· Manage & maintain all payroll, benefits, training, and record keeping reports for all US and International Locations.
· Manage employee corrective actions & terminations for both U.S. Sites.
· Create all job descriptions.
· Update employee handbook and employee safety manual, translate from English to Spanish, Conduct Safety Meetings/Audits and Implement solutions when required).
· Partner with Operations Manager to ensure optimal staffing in all departments.
· With support from Executive Leadership help manage bill reconciliation (Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life/AD&D).
· Coordinate holiday events and all other special projects
· Make certain that their workplace is accommodating, handling any complaints in accordance with company policy and any relevant laws.
· Ensures that programs are consistently administered and aligned with organizational goals, have compliance with professional standards, and meet state and federal regulatory requirements and law
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline preferred
· 4+ years’ experience in HR; preferably with a manufacturing company
· HR Generalist experience is a plus
· Expertise in HR policies and procedures
· Strong knowledge of hiring processes
· Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations
· Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
· Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion
· Strong Familiarity with MS Office suite and overall CPU skills
· BILINGUAL in English and Spanish
· Excellent leadership, multitasking, communication
TYR Tactical offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following; Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Paid Sick Time, Paid Holidays, and a company paid Life Insurance.