Director of Marketing - Epic Water Park
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for the ongoing development, implementation and follow-up of the marketing and, as needed
the PR efforts, for the waterpark. Your efforts are provide the support needed to maximize the revenue
goals of group package sales, day pass sales, birthday parties, event sales, consignment tickets, sales
and sponsorship opportunities and other revenue sources. Coordinate the creation, placement and
tracking of advertising campaigns to include newspaper, print, radio, television, Internet, direct mail and
other sources of marketing. If needed or to provide support to the Director of Culture and Public
Relations, work with the media on familiarization tours, public relations opportunities and press releases.
Supervisory skills required. Must be a team player yet able to work well independently, meeting position
requirements without constant supervision. Position will also work closely with ARM VP of business
development and may have some overlap with the VP of Sales and Marketing. Must display a high level
of professionalism, enthusiasm and customer service.
Reports directly to the General Manager, with indirect reporting to the VP of Business Development.
Areas of Responsibilities
- Able to open office, answer and process phone calls, and work independently within the department maintaining a high level of customer service, promoting sales opportunities and meeting all individual and department goals and guidelines.
- Excellent computer skills required: Microsoft programs including Word, Publisher, Excel and Outlook. Graphic specific programs such as; Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign etc…. Company specific programs – training will be provided. Must be able to learn and become proficient in required Company programs.
- Working knowledge of media placement for TV, Radio and Print Publications. Able to analyze, critique, and propose a marketing plan maintaining advertising budgets.
- Assist as needed, with the copywriting and distribution of press releases and set up a press conference working with key media.
- Ability to assist in writing and updating a company Marketing Plan
- Ability to set and achieve action steps and goals as identified in the Marketing Plan: Complete monthly and weekly action plans and adhere to them in the marketing efforts. Complete action plan to support goal completion and update 30-60-90-day action plans.
- Co-ordinate with Director of Group Sales integrating branding efforts to e-Marketing and paid on-line advertising strategies (i.e. PPC keyword submissions, e-Blasts, e-Brochures/modules, e-
- Proposals) throughout all other communication vehicles (social media, PR, blog content, directmail, etc.).
- Support website blogs and manage the content strategy in conjunction with Director of Group Sales.
- Develop relevant promotions and packages as a result of PR and other marketing initiatives.
- Create effective and timely reports to determine the success of marketing efforts. Work closely
- with management on tracking of each program. Track and provide ROI for all marketing programs. Work directly with operations to create white sheets and tracking procedures.
- Ability to negotiate positive contracts, beneficial trade agreements and advertising opportunities in all forms of media. Meet with local Advertising leads to discuss opportunities.
- Ability to create collateral, flyers and marketing brochures as needed for in-house projects. Ability to work with ad agencies in the creation, proofing and overall facilitation of collateral pieces
- Presentation skills required: ability to present ideas to an audience with strong verbal and presentation presence
- LEAD the efforts in the implementation of marketing programs through radio, TV and print media advertising, direct mail, e-marketing, trade shows, print collateral, website, etc.
- Maintain inventory and organization of all marketing related supplies, storage and work areas
- Coordinate and maintain all mail list and guest databases
- Update and maintain all artwork and resort photo library
- Handle request for information and literature
- Compose, edit and proofread reports and correspondence
- Maintain advertising files – correspondence, press releases, advertising, etc.
- Assist in the planning, coordination and implementation of all special events.
- Place, monitor and update all web site listings related to the waterpark and waterpark activities, including the waterpark’s web site
- Create monthly calendars, weekly activity guides and other in-house marketing materials
- Support Marketing Team and Activities Director in developing promotions for festivals events
- Track all marketing deadlines for production, distribution and renewal. When presented to senior management for renewal, include past tracking of results and ROI
- Be knowledgeable of and assist with the preparation of various reports and other necessary business reporting functions that may arise
- Attends meetings, events, and programs on behalf of the management as needed
- Carry out any reasonable request by management
- Offer ideas, suggestions and methods for improving the overall sales effort
- Conduct monthly competition surveys of Regional Waterpark rates
- Maintain annual Expense budget and projections of advertising expenses
- Develop a tracking system for brochure inventories and a delivery route schedule to ensure supply is available at distribution points
- Maintain annual event and School out date calendars
- Maintain an annual advertising calendar to ensure timely distribution of key marketing/advertising campaigns
- This will be a salaried position.
- Expected work hours will be based on work load and business circumstances.
- Weekends, Evenings and Holidays may be required and can be expected in high season.
- This position will require the ability to physically participate in the execution of events and parties, which will require the ability to move up to 50 pounds.
TWG, INC.Why Work Here?
TWG, INC. is a recruiting agency working for RJ Whyte Event Production
BusinessView all jobs at TWG, INC.