St. John’s College High School, an independent Catholic, Lasallian, coeducational, college preparatory school, seeks a Director of Communications to bolster our branding, coordinate school-wide marketing, create communications materials for the school’s advancement and provide support to the SJC community. The person selected for this position will be a part of the administrative team, reporting to the President of School and working collaboratively across the organization to ensure continuity in communications and marketing material. The director must understand, represent and advocate the school’s history, mission and vision and participate in promoting its objectives.
· Create and implement a school-wide integrated communications strategy that advances strategic and operating objectives for admissions, advancement, athletics, school programs and the president’s office;
· Oversee all communications efforts, including print materials, website content, advertising, photography, videography, social media and graphic design, and supervise outsourced support staff;
· Ensure the integrity of the school’s brand, from colors, logos and fonts to the writing and editing style used for print and online materials;
· Manage and continuously update a highly functional and interactive website with the goal of increasing traffic and promoting community interest;
· Serve as the school’s primary media spokesperson, sourcing and coordinating interviews, generating press releases and cultivating relationships with local and national media;
· Oversee all media relations in regard to our high-profile, championship-winning athletic programs;
· Advise the administration, faculty, staff and students on public relations issues;
· Coordinate public relations efforts on behalf of the school, including on-site events, photo shoots and video shoots;
· Work with directors and staff to coordinate and provide coverage of key events, including admissions, alumni, athletics and extracurricular activities;
· Keep up to date with new and emerging digital media methods and trends and analyze and review effectiveness of social networking tools, including usage patterns;
· Develop and lead all communications, media relations and activities for directors, staff, parent groups and student activities;
· Manage crisis communication and rapid response decisions in consultation with the President and Emergency Response Team;
• At least five years of managerial experience; • Self-starter with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize; • Exemplary interpersonal, written, editing and speaking skills; • Experience creating and administering strategic marketing plans; • Demonstrated experience with print materials, website management, electronic communications and social media management; • The ability to produce high-quality press or web-ready materials; • Proficiency with InDesign, Photoshop and the Adobe Creative Suite; • Skilled in managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; • Consensus-builder who works effectively within cross-departmental groups; • Desire to be part of a diverse, team-oriented community • Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or Design, with master’s degree preferred.