- Posted: over a month ago
Want an exciting position with a team of dedicated professionals caring for cardiology patients? Then this is the place for you! We work as a team to deliver the best possible patient care to our community. This company offers the absolute best care and an opportunity for you to be a leader in healthcare!
General Summary: A nonexempt position responsible for all billing processes that require the entry of patient demographics, daily charges and work on patient A/R. The billing clerk should have extensive knowledge of coding, insurance plans, fee schedules, interpretation and recording of all information from explanation of benefits and/or patient statements.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that all data is interpreted and recorded with in the system accurately. The information being valid and correct is absolutely necessary.
- Maintaining all patient demographics, processing daily charges, hospital charges, etc.
- Ensures that referrals and/or authorizations are consistent with the services being rendered.
- Update and resubmit any changes made to the patient’s insurance plans.
- Handle in office patient billing inquires.
- Patient A/R
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
Experience: Minimum two year medical billing experience.
Other Requirements: None
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of clinic policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of computer systems, programs, and spreadsheet applications.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in time management and organization.
- Skill in multi tasking.
- Skill on stress management
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all business/work information.
- Ability to effectively work with others.
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
Work Environment: Office settings and traveling to off-site locations
Mental/Physical Requirements: Varied activities including sitting, walking, bending, reaching, lifting, stooping. Requires eye-hand coordination, finger dexterity. Occasional lifting/carrying items up to 50 pounds. Occasional stress from balancing multiple projects and deadlines.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at TVC