Senior Android TV Developer
- Expired: November 01, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are searching for a Senior Android TV Developer to join a dedicated team focused on the development and support of our streaming TV apps. Our streaming TV apps are used by our partners in North America to bring market-leading pay-TV services to their subscribers across both managed and unmanaged devices and technologies. We also support TVE apps including Crave, CTV, and Noovo (and a few others!) The right individual for this role will be a motivated and energetic developer who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, is detail-oriented, and takes extreme pride in their work.
As a Senior Android TV Developer, you will be responsible for leading a team of offshore developers to drive improving quality, security, feature, and functionality of our managed Android TV and Fire TV apps. You will work alongside our other talented teams of engineers and designers, ensuring that our users' experience is the best possible.
- Responsible for all Android TV and Fire TV application development and maintenance
- Work with other team members (Product, UX, Design, QA) with regards to requirements gathering and analysis, demonstrating technical leadership and exerting influence
- Participate in technical solution-ing sessions with other developers to ensure that solutions are complete, scalable, and are future-proof
- Write code-level detailed design specifications for implementation by the offshore development team
- Collaborate with Android TV and Fire TV development teams to align technical solutions across mobile platforms and continually improve the mobile experience
- Build, foster, and work within an Agile environment, including participation in priority/sprint planning, story planning, daily standups, as well as analysis and communication of change impacts to the functional team and business stakeholders
- Participate in code reviews, ensuring that code adheres to established standards, is well-structured, secure, documented, and is manageable
- Analyze code regularly and refactor as required to minimize technical debt
- UAT apps to ensure full functionality for Android OS and Fire TV OS updates
- Unit-test code for robustness and stability
- Provide Tier 2 technical support for issues reported by customers and internal teams
- Work closely with Project Managers and members of the Development Team to ensure timely completion of deliverables
- Communicate to Project Managers, providing development time estimates and progress updates, with efficiency and accuracy
- Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide innovative solutions
- All other duties assigned
- Minimum 5 years experience with Java development for Android and Android TV
- Minimum 5 years experience working with media applications and Exoplayer
- Knowledge of Agile software development practices
- Ability to lead, motivate, influence, and generate enthusiasm among team members
- Deep understanding of Android performance tools and optimization techniques
- Experience building apps that heavily utilize video
- Understanding of multimedia content delivery protocols such as HLS, DASH, progressive download, and other
- Understanding of Digital Rights Management (DRM) systems, including Widevine and AES encryption
- Solid and demonstrable understanding of object-oriented design patterns and principles
- Comfortable with integrating RESTful APIs and JSON
- Experience with planning and writing technical documentation
- Superior problem solving and risk management skills
- Team player with the desire to own projects and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong initiative, priority setting, and collaboration skills
- Detail-oriented with good time management skills and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Keeps up to date on industry best practices and technology
Nice to have:
- Experience with document-oriented databases like MongoDB
- Knowledge of Google Cast implementation and optimization
- Knowledge of integrating with cloud-based systems across both AWS and Microsoft Azure
NOTE: This is a Full-Time, 100% remote role as a regular employee with benefits.
- Excellent opportunity to learn IPTV engineering
- Work From Home
- 100% remote
- Dental, Vision
- Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan with 4% company match
- 4 weeks per year of paid-time-off
- Paid holidays
- Jury duty, bereavement, and parental leave
- Workers' Compensation
AddressDes Moines, IA
Get fresh Senior Android Developer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.