Senior Consultant (London based role)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Impact of this technical role:
A Senior Consultant is a network automation consultant who works with customers to solve technical and operational challenges. They are network automation gurus that are able to develop automated solutions for modern networks. They have the ability to clearly and concisely communicate highly technical concepts in order to be clearly understood by customers and technical peers alike.
A day in the life:
· Understand full-stack architectures inclusive of ITSM (ServiceNow) Enterprise-driven workflows, Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and CI/CD deployment models, Enterprise Network Orchestration & Automation, Source of Truth, ChatOps, Network Observability, and knowing how open source can lead or compliment a given architecture
· In this consultant role, you will maintain frequent client communications, lead interactive discovery & design sessions, and participate in regular meetings to ensure client satisfaction
· Demonstrate humble confidence with your ability to influence client opinions by offering technical recommendations, fielding objections and responding with knowledgeable suggestions
· Identify project risks and challenges, develop resolution plans, and support troubleshooting
· Track project progress and identify and correct any delays
· Performs peer reviews, guidance, and contributes to best practices of code
· Works with fellow Engineers and Managing Consultants to build automation designs, including developing a tech stack, developing proper levels of abstraction, and guidance on best practices
· Leads customer calls with technical peers and articulate the pros and cons of a given solution in a consumable manner to executive leadership
· Translate manual workflows into high-level and low-level designs
· Develops well-written technical documentation that documents solutions built for clients
· Quickly adopts new technologies and continuously demonstrates technical excellence
· Involved in entire life cycle of a project, from assessment, design, development, demonstration, deployment, and documentation of solution
· Develops software for internal and customer facing projects
What you bring:
· Passion for customer experience and success
· Solicitude in helping customers throughout their automation journey
· Honesty and empathy to those around you on a daily basis
· A focused and solution oriented approach necessary to see projects through to completion
· Confidence and decisiveness in moving the ball forward while being flexible and open
· Ability to demonstrate the latest technology in a way that resonates with customers
What you have:
· Experience in a customer-facing, consulting role
· Ability to break down complex concepts and present them in a clean and concise way, for a varied audiences
· Ability to make good decisions on usability, such as naming, user experience, complexity tradeoffs, layout, mapping technical solutions to customers’ skillsets, etc.
· Comfortable with context switching and working on multiple projects at the same time
· Experience with CI/CD and how it could be applied to network automation
· Experience with concepts around data management including IaC and Source of Truth strategy
· Familiar with Ansible and/or Python automating networking devices
· Familiar with Flask/Django for creating custom APIs
· Familiar with tools and libraries such as pytest, Nornir, Netmiko, NAPALM, Batfish, Salt, Robot Framework
· Familiar with traditional Git workflows for working in a collaborative environment
· A strong understanding of Source of Truth automation strategy
· CCNP or equivalent networking knowledge
TURNKEY CONSULTANT SERVICES INC
Get fresh Automation Consultant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.