Diesel Mechanic Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Will work on anything from truck to trailers!
We are looking for physically fit candidates with good attention to detail for the position of diesel mechanic. The primary duties of a diesel mechanic include performing diagnostic tests on diesel vehicles to find faults, analyzing diagnostic test results and repairing or replacing engine, steering, transmission, braking or lighting system components.
Diesel mechanics need to be highly organized and communicate effectively, as they will be expected to maintain detailed records of serviced vehicles and interact with customers on a daily basis.
Diesel Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Running diagnostic tests on vehicles.
- Analyzing diagnostic test results.
- Replacing vehicle engines, steering mechanisms, transmissions and braking systems.
- Checking vehicle lighting systems.
- Test driving vehicles to gauge performance.
- Performing preventative maintenance on service trucks.
- Maintaining detailed records of serviced vehicles.
- Adhering to an inspection procedure checklist.
- Maintaining a parts inventory.
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the shop.
Diesel Mechanic Requirements:
- ASE Diesel Certification advantageous.
- Valid driver's license.
- Advanced knowledge of diesel engine components.
- Good IT and diagnostic skills.
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 150 pounds.
- Proficiency with maintenance and repair tools.
- Attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good organization skills.
TTR INDY LLCWhy Work Here?
Lots of room for growth family owned business Will work with schedule
3801 west morris streetIndianapolis, IN
AutomotiveView all jobs at TTR INDY LLC