CDL Class A Driver - OTR & Regional 3 Months Exp.
TSSG Consulting Fresno, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Looking for 3 months of experience $55-75K annually with benefits.
We are looking for a driver to operate Class A vehicles for our company. As a driver, you must have a safe driving record; follow all state and national driving laws, rules, and regulations. In this position, you will follow prearranged routes to destinations or use maps and GPS to navigate routes. You will also maintain vehicle upkeep and cleanliness. We have Regional and OTR positions, most positions are No-Touch Freight Opportunity!!!
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods.
- Inspect loads to ensure that cargo is secure.
- Maintain logs of working hours or vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chains, binders, or covers.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collect payment for services when required.
- Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver products, and/or other materials.
- Check all load-related documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Read bills of lading to determine assignment details.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions, and routes.
- Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes in compliance with state regulations.
- Couple or uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions, connecting or disconnecting air or electrical lines, or manipulating fifth-wheel locks.
- Check conditions of trailers after contents have been unloaded to ensure that there has been no damage.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as adding oil, fuel, or radiator fluid or performing minor repairs.
- Crank trailer landing gear up or down to safely secure vehicles.
- Operate equipment, such as truck cab computers, CB radios, phones, or global positioning systems (GPS) equipment to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Plan or adjust routes based on changing conditions, using computer equipment, global positioning systems (GPS) equipment, or other navigation devices, to minimize fuel consumption and carbon emissions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Owner Operators
- At least 23 years old
- 3 months of experience driving with CDL
- No DUI in the last five (5) years
- No license suspensions in the last three (3) years
- No more than one (1) preventable accident in the last three (3) years
- No record of conviction of more than 2 motor vehicle violations during the past 3 years
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Pass a pre-employment DOT physical or have one that is current
Powered by JazzHR