TSP Staffing Overland Park, KS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Claim Resolution Coordinator is responsible for activities and initiatives targeting the reduction and/or resolutions of cargo claims. Conducts problem-solving activities related to lose and damage claims and investigations of distressed/missing shipments.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Review claim files and make liability decisions to ensure a prompt and fair settlement of the claim.
2. Responsibility to manage a Claim payment authority up to $8,000.00
3. Using past precedents, contractual obligations, and company direction, provide prompt and accurate processing of assigned cargo claims.
4. Evaluate and determine the extent of the company's responsibility for the occurrence. Verify company’s position with the assigned examiner or supervisor and provide information regarding approval or denial of claim ensuring compliance with all laws governing claims processing.
5. Identify repetitious claims from a particular source or similar cause and provide analysis to management.
6. Assist in recovery of lost items by matching claims with unidentified freight through contact with other departments, i.e., Terminal Personnel and the Recovery Services Warehouse.
7. May negotiate with claimants or claimant’s counsel within specific guidelines.
8. Manage a inventory of claims for loss and damage and ensure the handling policy are ment and adhered to.
9. Perform high-level analyses and trends to determine root cause analysis on claims issues. Independently make recommendations based on results and effectively communicate recommendations.
10. Formulates claim prevention plans based on claim resolution findings and analyzing customer data.
11. Coordinate in recovery and disposition of overage freight to offset shortage claims.
1. Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
2. Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
3. Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
4. Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that helps them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
5. Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
6. Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
7. Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
IV. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
1. One (1) year related work experience.
2. Thorough understanding of common carrier freight flow and terminal and distribution center operations.
3. Demonstrated problem solving capabilities.
4. Ability to perform effectively under pressure, prioritize and delegate work.
5. Ability to gather information from a variety of sources, make timely decisions by evaluating the information and data and then communicate those decisions to appropriate individuals.
6. Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
V. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Working knowledge of freight loss and damage laws and regulations.
2. Transportation/LTL experience.
3. Experience in analytics or investigation.
4. Customer service experience.
VI. WORKING CONDITIONS
This job operates in a professional office environment indoors. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
VII. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 10 lbs of supplies and materials is required.
TSP StaffingWhy Work Here?
Great company culture, excellent growth potential!
AddressOverland Park, KS
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at TSP Staffing