TSNE (formerly Third Sector New England) (www.tsne.org) is a management support organization that partners every year with hundreds of nonprofits, foundations, community-based groups, and others working for social change. Our mission is to provide information and services to build the knowledge, power, and effectiveness of individuals, organizations, and groups that engage people in community and public life. The ultimate intention of our work is to create a more just and democratic society.
We assist a wide range of organizations in the social sector with a mix of management support and capacity building services in consulting, financial and grants management, business administration, human resources, compensation and benefits administration, professional development training and research in nonprofit fields of practice.
As a leading voice and capacity builder in the nonprofit sector, TSNE is committed to learning and building our practices and values around diversity, inclusion and equity, and working in a culturally proficient way with our staff and the organizations and communities we serve. We actively cultivate a work environment that values the experiences of individuals in an open-minded and collaborative atmosphere.
The Associate Director, Consulting and Training oversees the Consulting, Training, and Executive Search & Recruitment Programs, working closely with other departments to deliver integrated services to TSNEs clients. The Associate Director is responsible for program design, planning, implementation and integration of our consulting and training programs, focusing on shared accountability, effective management and production of high-quality work. The work focuses on prioritization of managing consulting engagements, delivering high quality client services, managing an external consultant pool, and providing department and organizational leadership.
- Work collaboratively, and apply strategic and creative thinking, data-driven analysis, and high degree of follow through to deliver high quality services;
- Supervise staff by providing direction, input, and feedback, and resolving complex problems;
- Oversee consulting and other client engagements to ensure that services are well-planned from start to completion and meet deadlines, milestones and processes, including intake and distribution of engagements across the consulting team;
- Coordinate the delivery of services and assignments within the department to increase effectiveness and efficiency;
- Interface with external consulting pool to support client engagements including referrals, scoping, and client service troubleshooting;
- Manage TSNEs training program in coordination with the Training Programs Coordinator;
- Support training by creating and providing content for professional learning opportunities;
- Maintain a client-centric lens and cultivate client relationships
- Work across TSNE to coordinate and improve systems that support consulting work (eg. Salesforce, contracting/invoicing processes).
- Develop, review, and implement initiatives to support the strategic direction of TSNEs consulting and training programs, including a framework and approaches for effective capacity building services;
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure high-quality, integrated services are provided;
- Collaborate with the Learning and Evaluation Team to develop impact and outcome models using data and best practices;
- Initiate and set goals for service delivery that support the strategic objectives and mission of TSNE and that will support long-term success;
- Ensure department operations and activities adhere to TSNE legal guidelines and internal policies;
- Provide reports or presentations to internal stakeholders, including Senior Management;
- Responsible for the development and management of the departments annual budget;
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of consulting and training services;
- Engage and participate in processes that build organizational culture, leadership and alignment;
- Ensure the compliance of the organizational policies, procedures and practices within the supervised areas.
Direct Client Services
- Deliver high-quality consulting and facilitation engagements for selected external and fiscally sponsored clients as needed due to client needs and consulting staff capacity.
Complete other tasks and projects related to the job, as needed.
We will consider exceptional candidates who demonstrate a strong combination of the specific qualifications and skills described below.
- Eight or more years of experience in a nonprofit teaching or training role;
- Prior curriculum development experience;
- Working knowledge and experience of grass roots organizations;
- Experience leading and motivating staff;
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods;
- Ability to integrate teams;
- Proficient in Microsoft software suite; and the ability to learn new systems quickly and enthusiastically;
- Strong written and analytical skills including the ability to synthesize and write about program and services for varied audiences;
- Demonstrated cultural competency and understanding of the value of diversity in the workplace, with an ability to work collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds, traditions, customs and personalities;
- Commitment to the work of social and economic justice organizations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- A strong commitment to excellence;
- Ability to play close and accurate attention to detail;
- Experience in leveraging available resources (financial, people, etc.) to develop responsive and effective programming;
- Experience in engaging different communities and designing responsive and aligned initiatives;
- Ability to travel periodically, locally, regionally and nationally as is called for.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those for this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. Work is performed in an office environment and in close proximity to other workers.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to:
- Handle, or feel objects, tools or controls;
- Reach; traverse; sit (usually for longer periods of time); occasionally ascend/descend; and posit