JOB DESCRIPTION: Field Service Engineer
Skills required for this position,
"Hand's On" experience with Mechanical Equipment, Gear Reducers,Motors, Hydraulics, Control Panels, PLC's,VFD's,etc.
The role of the Field Service Engineer is to provide professional service and support for our customers by performing field service installation, startup, repairs and maintenance of wastewater equipment. The Field Service Engineer will work within the guidelines established by the Service Manager
Typical duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
Installation- technical consultation and installation assistance to on-site personnel or contractor
Startup- Customer pre-consultation, startup monitoring, assist and train
Equipment Maintenance –perform routine maintenance on equipment
Repairs – hydraulic,pneumatic,plc's, gears, motors etc.
Troubleshooting-determine causes of operating errors and taking action to remedy the problem
Equipment selection-determining correct tools and equipment required to perform the job
Record Activity – complete service reports, record repairs, warranty and maintenance performed
Travel – up to (80%) to U.S. & Canada sites
Responsible for installation expertise, calibrating, configuring, testing, maintaining, evaluating and troubleshooting, pre-commissioning, commissioning and repair as necessary, to wastewater equipment manufactured by, but not limited to,, pumps, motors, valves, meters, etc.
• Responsible for on-site training of customer personnel to our standards on proper operation of their equipment
• Build customer relationship in a professional manner through solution-oriented communications and service, providing both on-site and telephone support
• Make technical recommendations to maintenance technicians and/or treatment plant operators
• Work closely with the Service Manager to ensure site work is carried out in the required order, for completion by the required timeline
• “Hands on” experience with mechanical equipment, gear reducers, motors, hydraulics, control panels, PLC’s, VFD’s, etc.
• Perform scheduled and un-scheduled maintenance of equipment and associated equipment
• Read and review blueprints, plans, specifications and other documentation to prepare for startup or service
• Work with engineering, project management, spare parts and management groups to resolve escalated problems
• Provide written service & expense reports to Service Manager on all activities carried out on site and complete all required documentation in a timely manner
• Properly document, label, and return all defective parts resulting from repair
• Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures at all times. Develop and maintain safe habits and practices with regard to safety requirements and report any breaches or concerns on health and safety matters to the Service Manager or company management.
• Ensure all materials, tools and equipment provided to you, are kept safe, and secure. Ensure all are calibrated in good working order to our requirements
• Assist in manufacturing or engineering with customer projects, as well as unit refurbishment or replacement
• Assist the parts department with recommended spare parts and wear parts to existing and new customers
• Provide technical support to other Field Technicians in the field
• Must be self-motivated with ability to work & think well independently
• Overtime may be necessary as work load dictates. This may include weekdays or weekends.
• Must maintain valid Driver’s License
• Must be able to use a computer for creation of reports and data entry required and PLC access to make programming changes
• Must have and maintain current inoculations as determined to protect in this field
• Must maintain clean and professional appearance while working with customers, vendors and colleagues
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Skills
Associate’s degree in a technical field or equivalent is preferred, plus three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to acquire certifications and participate in training opportunities as determined by the Service Manager
• Must have basic computer skills and able to use basic functions of M/S Office Suite for reports and time and record keeping
• Machinery demonstration/pilot testing or controls knowledge a plus
• Spoken & written English required
• Excellent written and oral skills preferred
• Strong time management skills and organization skills a plus
• Experience in the wastewater field preferred