TSI Semiconductors is seeking an Entry Level software Engineer. The ideal candidate will have extensive school project experience with C or C++. Under general supervision and with on-going review this position researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide end-user, system level, and data management software applications. Responsible for meeting software compliance standards; evaluates integration of software applications with the overall computing environment; and documentation, testing, maintenance, and software updates. Communicates with domain experts, users, and management throughout the software development lifecycle.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine user requirements and specifications and plan for software development within the broader organizational scope. Software development includes end-user, system level, and data management applications.
- Formulate detailed plans for the implementation of software solutions. In addition to program design this includes determining language, platform, and resource requirements.
- Implementation of design including coding, testing, and documentation.
- Deployment of applications across the enterprise including cross- platform compliance and insuring availability of necessary resources.
- Code maintenance including debugging and updating to keep pace with the evolving environment.
- Assist in planning for future applications based on new developments in computer technology.
- Communicate with the software developer group, with users, and with management as well as with the wider community.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
Qualifications Essential Qualifications Typically requires a bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related discipline. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education. Must have a basic understanding of software development concepts, principles, and theory and demonstrate the ability to follow and apply basic use of programming and analysis concepts. Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment. Good communication, computer and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other professionals, to produce appropriate documentation, and to present results to a limited internal audience. The ability to work both independently and on a team is essential. Able to work extended hours as required.
Additional Qualifications - Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related engineering discipline. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience with embedded systems a plus