Restaurant Cook/Server - Olathe Hotels (K-10 and Ridgeway)
- Posted: over a month ago
Our cook staff at The Terrace Kitchen + Tap plays a critical role in delivering an excellent guest experience by ensuring that orders are prepared quickly, correctly and with great presentation. Our cooks are often the only staff member working in the kitchen, so the ability to multitask and handle food preparation, cooking and cleaning all at the same time is critical.
Compensation & Benefits
- Performance reviews (with raise eligibility) at 3 months, 6 months, then every 6 months.
- Quarterly bonus plan with revenue sharing and team performance incentives.
- Health, vision and dental insurance (full-time associates).
- Paid vacation (full-time associates).
- 24/7 telemedicine for employee and up to 7 family members (no cost to employees).
- $500 referral bonus for referring new employees.
- 401(k) with 3% employer contribution (no employee match required).
- Up to $500 per year in tuition assistance.
- Hotel discounts for employee, family and friends through brand discount programs.
- Opportunities for promotions into leadership roles.
- Work as the only employee in the kitchen most days, handling all food preparation, cooking and plating responsibilities.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment at all times by following company and health department safety and food safety procedures.
- Open the kitchen at the beginning of shift and close at the end of the shift, ensuring proper procedures are followed and completely cleaning all work areas at the end of each shift.
- Prepare both buffet and a la carte food as directed by hotel management.
- Deliver food to guests and interact with guests to ensure excellent service and guest satisfaction.
- Assist serving staff with bussing tables, cleaning the restaurant/patio/public space areas, and serving guests as needed.
- Assist management with inventory and ordering as needed.
- Handle other responsibilities as needed/directed by hotel management.
- A positive attitude and a commitment to working as a team to deliver excellent service.
- Able to work a flexible schedule – weekend and holiday availability are required; willingness to work split shifts (breakfast and dinner) may be needed to achieve full-time hours.
- Minimum one year of cooking experience, preferably in a full-service restaurant.
- Passionate about delivering excellent guest service in every guest interaction.
- Able to handle stressful, high-pressure situations and conflict in a calm, professional manner.
- Physically able to perform all responsibilities including but not limited to bending, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing for extended periods and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Able to pass food safety certifications as required by the health department and company leadership.
- Able to successfully pass a drug test and background check.
About TS2 Hospitality
TS2 Hospitality (www.ts2hospitality.com) is a family-owned, Kansas City-based hospitality ownership and management company with four hotels open and two more under development. We are part of the larger Ehrhardt Properties hotel group with over 30 franchised hotels in Missouri, Illinois, Kansas and Oklahoma and a brand portfolio including Marriott, Hilton, IHG, Choice, and Wyndham.
Our vision: We deliver remarkable hospitality by encouraging excellence in each other.
Our values: We are family | We are selfless servants | We own it | We will straight talk | We have fun!
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?