- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Title: Appraiser
Reports to: Appraisal Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Grade: EX06
Supervisory Responsibility: No
The Real Estate Appraiser appraises residential real estate; provides information to the Bank regarding real estate appraisals; and performs related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor and/or Trustco Bank’s Board of Directors.
- Communicates with customers to schedule appraisals.
- Travels to physically inspect the exterior and/or interior of collateral properties.
- Researches, develops and analyzes comparable sales, rental data and cost data to determine market value.
- Writes reports based on the research and analysis for each assigned property.
- Trains and supervises staff in the research, development and analysis of comparable sales, rental data and cost data to determine market value.
- Assists the manager in review of appraisal and evaluation reports for staff and fee appraisers.
- Assists fellow staff in online research.
- Completes continuing education for appraisal license and additional on-line courses.
- A bachelor’s degree in a business-related field or equivalent level of education and experience.
- State Licensed Real Estate Appraiser.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks and work to time sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and in groups.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Office Programs; Excel and Word.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS:
This is a full-time position. Office hours Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
50% to 60% of working hours are spent traveling using personal vehicle and visiting potential mortgage properties throughout the northeastern branch network. Valid and clean driver’s license required.
Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace; bilingual skills a plus. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business information, including but not limited to company policies and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing to duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to communicate both in person and/or by telephone.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme working conditions, such as construction sites. The noise level in the work environment or at certain sites can be loud.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN/EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Trustco Bank is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Trustco Bank to take affirmative action in affording equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Hiring, placement, upgrading, transfer, demotion or promotion
• Recruitment, advertising or solicitation for employment
• Treatment during employment
• Rates of pay or other forms of compensation
• Selection for training, including apprenticeship
• Layoff or terminationIt is the policy of Trustco Bank to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity.
AddressWappingers Falls, NY
Real EstateView all jobs at TRUSTCO BANK