Executive and Operations Assistant
- Posted: over a month ago
EXECUTIVE AND OPERATIONS ASSISTANT
Trust for America’s Health (TFAH), a leading public health policy, research, and advocacy organization, seeks an Executive and Operations Assistant to support the administration and operations of the organization. This position requires that the individual be skilled at professionally representing Trust for America’s Health to a diverse group of internal team members and external stakeholders, delivering courteous service, and providing high quality administrative and operations support.
TFAH is a non-profit, non-partisan organization that promotes optimal health for every person and community and makes the prevention of illness and injury a national priority. Some focus areas at TFAH include public health funding, public health preparedness, obesity, health equity, substance misuse and suicide, and population health. More information may be found at www.tfah.org.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, core responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Leadership Team Support
· Provides administrative support to the Executive Vice President and the Chief Operating Officer, including managing their calendars, scheduling their meetings, preparing briefing binders, filing, arranging travel, preparing and processing pertinent material for meetings, events, travel, and daily activities.
· Manages confidential and sensitive materials and issues by virtue of supporting the Executive Vice President and the Chief Operating Officer.
Broad Administrative Support
· Performs general administrative support, including answering and triaging phone calls, accepting and distributing mail and packages, and greeting visitors and guests.
· Develops, organizes, and implements administrative processes and systems to ensure the smooth flow of office operations.
· Implements solutions to problems and improves efficiency and quality of administrative activities.
· Serves as the staff lead for IT support and interaction with the IT vendor.
· Maintains and keeps the front reception area clean and presentable with all necessary material.
· Supports daily office operations, including replenishing office supplies, maintaining storage areas, updating the organizational calendar, assisting with repair and maintenance of office equipment, and coordinating bulk mailings.
· Coordinates logistics as required for internal and external meetings and events, including, but not limited to, webinars and briefings.
· Supports internal team members and departments following the organization’s mission and core values while promoting organizational culture.
· Aids in the monthly preparation of a written report to the Board of Directors.
· Works on special projects and other duties as assigned.
Employee Engagement & Development
· Leads the planning and execution of employee events and other related activities designed to promote organizational culture and promote employee morale.
· Assists in the planning and execution of staff professional development opportunities in partnership with the Executive Vice President and the Chief Operating Officer.
· Other duties and tasks as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes, and experiences:
· Associate degree (Bachelor’s degree preferred).
· Three years of relevant administrative experience; nonprofit experience a plus.
· Strong organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail with completeness and accuracy of work product.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will have a great attitude and be a people-person.
· Strong time-management skills with ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
· Experience and sound judgment in handling and maintaining confidential and sensitive information.
· Experience responding to shifting demands and changing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· Ability to work both independently and with a team with confidence and reliability.
· Problem-solving and sound, logical decision-making skills.
· Broad fundamental knowledge of the organization’s vision, mission, core values, and functions.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as database management systems and virtual meeting platforms.
· Ability to operate and troubleshoot standard office equipment.
This position is based in Washington, DC and currently requires in-office presence at least two days per week. TFAH requires its employees to be up to date with the recommended COVID-19 vaccinations, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In accordance with applicable law, TFAH will consider potential reasonable accommodations to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement for a bona fide medical reason or because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com with “Executive and Operations Assistant” in the subject line. Please, no calls or faxes.
Trust for America’s Health is an equal opportunity employer. TFAH does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.
TRUST FOR AMERICANS HEALTH
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?