Field Service Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The POS Field Service Technician is accountable to ensure timely response to all service requests for customer sites in their assigned territory. Overall responsibility includes ensuring customer needs for any POS hardware, as well as additional hardware, issues that are reported are responded to, and the appropriate troubleshooting, diagnostics, repair, and thorough testing are completed. Additional hardware may include laser printers, meat scales and wrappers, network equipment, etc. The POS Field Service Technician is responsible for maintaining current accurate spare parts/equipment inventory, as well as timely and accurate documentation and records.
A POS Field Service Technician at TRUNO will:
- Respond to all service requests in a timely manner, keep customers fully updated, and ensure service call completions are documented accurately,as well as ensure any parts/equipment used are appropriately accounted for.
- Interact with store personnel and TRUNO team in a positive manner and easy to understand by the people being communicated with.
- Maintain ability to work regular hours, as well as after-hours availability when needed.
- Willing to travel when needed, typically within a 150—mile radius, limited overnight travel.
- Troubleshoot, fault isolate, repair, and test to verify proper functionality of any in-store equipment assigned to provide service for.
- Able to use tools, including basic power tools.
- Provide preventative maintenance to contract customers on in-store POS equipment, as well as additional hardware, laser printer, meat scales and wrappers, network equipment, etc.
- Perform basic configuration of software and hardware, and perform installs and upgrades, as needed.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to company policies.
- Adhere to specific deadlines and timelines.
- Maintain company provided vehicle, company credit card, fuel and fleet maintenance card, Netbook PC, tools and test equipment, as well as any additional company provide resources.
- Maintain technical and product knowledge on all equipment sold and supported in your assigned Service Territory. Additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
A POS Field Service Technician at TRUNO should have:
Any combination of technical school/practical experience (preferred)
Minimum 1 year of experience in technology service (preferred)
Prior grocery retail experience (preferred)
Familiarity with Windows and Microsoft Office (required)
Practical experience with electronics/technology hardware (preferred)
CompTIA A+ Certification (preferred)
Skills & Knowledge (required)
- Exceptional customer service orientation
Basic Break/Fix Computer skills
Basic PC operations/software knowledge
Excellent oral and written communication skill, including communicating in a way that a
non-technical end user and/or Team members and Managers can understand
Ability to work independently/team environment
Confidentiality and integrity
- Company Vehicle Provided
- Life and Supplemental Insurance
- Pet insurance
- Short/Long term disability
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid birthday
- 401k with 4% company match
- Gym membership
We use video interviews as a part of the hiring process.
We are an e-verify employer.
TRUNO Retail Technology SolutionsWhy Work Here?
Deliver innovative technology solutions to grocery stores that empower them to succeed in an ever-changing world.
For more than 40 years, Truno has been partnering with grocery retailers to identify the technologies they need to help them navigate an industry that’s ever-changing and increasingly competitive. Truno offers point-of-sale systems and an integrated suite of technologies that can help grocery stores reduce costs, extend the life of technology investments, run more smoothly and improve customer service.