Primary Care Physician
- $180,000 to $265,000 Yearly
PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN
New York, NY
The “TRUE HEALTH” and HEALTHCARE FOR ALL WOMEN OB-GYN. is a for-profit healthcare organization with 7 health centers, providing primary care and preventative medicine in the following locations in Nassau County, Queens, and Brooklyn. As privately qualified health centers, we serve the individuals in our communities, providing enhanced services, expanded hours and reduced prescription pricing, while raising the level of care. We treat patients regardless of income, residency, or immigration status.
The TRUE HEALTH offers a stable employment opportunity with a growing company, and competitive base compensation along with health and dental insurance, paid time off, 401-K with company match, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more.
The mission of TRUE HEALTH is to provide access to equitable, comprehensive, optimal healthcare by improving the overall wellness of all individuals in our communities and delivering high quality extensive patient centered care.
Creating healthier communities by transforming the health care system one person at a time.
JOB TITLE: Family Medicine Physician
REPORTS TO: Chief Medical Officer/Administrative Manager
The following statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of this position.
- Provides comprehensive medical care to patients from 6 months and older in ambulatory care settings.
- Provides consultations by examining patients; reviewing medical records, reports, and logs; researching information and developing conclusions and care recommendations.
- Adheres to professional standards, practice policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and regulatory standards.
- Works as a team player assisting other staff providers with developing diagnosis and patient treatment options.
- Prescribes or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Orders, performs, and interprets test and analyze records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients’ condition.
- Obtain and maintain hospital privileges at a Hospital Medical Center in order to provide and coordinate care for patients in the hospital setting.
- Records and maintains patient information such as medical history, reports and examination results.
- Monitors patients’ conditions and progress and re-evaluation treatments as necessary.
- Reviews health risk assessments (HRA’s) to help determine a plan of care.
- Explains procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- Refers patients to medical specialists or other practitioners when necessary.
- Participates in LEAN and other activities necessary to implement the multi-disciplinary patient-centered medical home approach for the care of pediatric patients.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing medical educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Graduated from an accredited medical school and licensed to practice in New York State.
Board certified or board eligible status.
At least 1-2 years of experience preferred.
Ability to travel to other sites for coverage as needed.
Bilingual in English and Spanish or Creole/French required.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience $180,000 - $265,000
MORE INFORMATION: This is an exempt position.
The TRUE HEALTH provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual preference, and orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap/disability in each aspect of the human resources function. Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The TH shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
TRUE HEALTHWilliston Park, NY
HealthcareView All TRUE HEALTH Jobs
Get fresh Primary Care Physician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.