TRUE Account Managers are responsible for supervising day-to-day activity on their client accounts, keeping track of all efforts among account team members and acting as the primary interface with clients. This position is amazing at both delegating to associate-level team members, providing guidance to ensure high quality work product as well as keeping senior level TRUE members informed of account activities and pulling them in when needed. This position requires a high level of independent thinking, team work, and enthusiasm for growing into a leadership position.
· An experienced PR practitioner who’s proactive, has a great sense of humor and an innate ability to understand and craft a good story
· Are currently pitching media--especially tech/CE media--either at another agency or on your own.
· 4-5 years in public relations or a media-related career
· Previous PR agency experience is a necessity, as is some experience in paid media/promoted content
What You’ll Do:
· Provide strategic counsel to clients by identifying and understanding clients’ business objectives and communications needs
· Build client confidence and long-term relationships through consistent communication to ensure expectations and deliverables are line, positioning TRUE for ongoing success
· Develop both short-term and long-term PR plans that showcase your understanding of the clients’ business and media environment, working with senior management to finalize
· Execute on media strategies and manage media outreach for both small and large outreach efforts
· Establish and cultivate media relationships relevant to your clients
· Plan and assign all account activities and work levels in line with deadlines
· Oversee and/or execute on all account writing – pitches, press releases, emails
· Manage and lead all client calls and in-person meetings
· Identify social programs/platforms that benefit client efforts and work with TRUE team members to implement
· When needed, plan and execute on media events from start to finish.
· Be rad.
· Must be:
o Motivated to succeed in a fast-paced environment
o Articulate and a sharp thinker
o Calm under pressure
o Like bullet points
· Must have:
o Strong writing and proofreading skills; effective verbal and written communication skills
o A dedication to consistently meeting deadlines. Exceptional organization and project management skills, and ability to multitask.
o Strong attention to detail and deliver the highest quality work
o A track record of taking ownership and executing effectively
o Anticipate client and team needs and requests and provide proactive solutions
o Ability to thrive under pressure with very little supervision and adapt quickly to changing priorities
o A couple good jokes up your sleeve
Who we are:
· TRUE is a multi-disciplinary communications firm that crafts intelligent stories for intelligent brands through owned, earned and paid media.
· With an eye on the ever-changing landscape where brands connect with their audience, we manage efforts including media relations, event activation, social content, community engagement and digital marketing for clients in the outdoor industry as well as B2C and B2B tech industry.
· We don’t just come from PR – in our former lives, we were journalists, event planners, fashion industry insider and even natural resource scientists who studied mid-sized predators.
· We’re experts at negotiating the boundaries between paid and earned media, and have lasting friendships with our clients that we cultivate through bike rides and well-timed GIFs.