Jr. Communication Systems Engineer
We currently seek a high caliber Jr. Communications Engineer for a long-term basis within our client’s team of experienced professionals. Based in Los Angeles, CA
This position will serve as a Junior Communication Systems Engineer in the conceptual, preliminary and final design for a complex rail transit project.
- Assist with oversight of systems integration and systems acceptance testing.
- Assist with the integration of all System interfaces so that the System is properly integrated with itself, existing systems, and into the Project area, including the right-of-way, the surrounding communities, and all facilities, equipment, and data provided by others.
- Responsible for interfacing with the other disciplines to insure proper coordination of the systems aspects of the project.
- Help to develop System Integration Plan
- Assist with the creation of Integration Test and Acceptance plans, including testing forms, procedures for testing, and approval steps.
- Help to establish and maintain a systematic, documented, comprehensive, and verifiable systems integration process to be applied throughout the duration of the Project.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering.
- Internship or student project experience in communication systems, electronics, industrial automation or related field
- Ability to interpret electrical drawings and schematic diagrams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of construction means and methods.
- Must be proficient in the use of Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a cooperative team environment.
- Knowledge of communications and central control facilities is desired.
- Familiarity with railroading, signaling, communications, vehicles, and other railroad technology, including requirements management software is preferred.
- Experience in design and/or construction management of rail transit systems such as CBTC, SCADA, APM signals/train control, and APM communications is highly preferred.
- Willing to work 60 hours/ per week and weekends when necessary.
Employment Type: Contract
Location of Position: Los Angeles, CA
Location Type: Office
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Ora Chak; email: Ora.Chak@trsstaffing.com
TRS Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Employment decisions are based on job related criteria and not on the basis of any unlawful criteria. We ensure equal access to employment opportunities, services, and programs.
Must have legal right to work in the United States. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.