Pay rate: $20 to $22 p/hr DOE
Second shift starts: 2:15pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Must be able to read, write and comprehend English
· Selects primers and paints, mixes in required proportions according to blueprints and specifications
· Must be able to mask surfaces with tape or paper per blueprints to protect surfaces during painting
· Paints surfaces with spray guns or brushes per specifications
· Preps surfaces prior to painting by sanding or cleaning with solvents
· Cleans brushes, spray guns and equipment as well as the work area upon completion of painting
· Must be familiar with military painting specifications
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Performs more complex paint operations utilizing special processes including resins, top coats primers and specialty coatings
The chemicals used are acetone, and numerous paints and primers including but not limited to Hexavalent Chromium primer.
Overtime & Saturday work is a strong possibility
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3+ years related experience and/or training in manufacturing environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MUST have a HS diploma or GED Equivalent certificate
- US Citizenship or permanent resident (Green Card) is required.
- Drug Screen and background check is required
- Keeps others informed of work progress, timetables, and issues
- Must participate in a medical surveillance program for employees that paint parts.
- Eligible employee must be able and willing to cross train in other areas to support production needs