IT Support Technician - Help Desk Position
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are an IT Managed Services Provider looking for an experienced Support Technician to grow our IT support team in San Carlos. We are looking for a person with excellent customer service skills and the ability to handle Windows OS, Mac OS, Chrome OS and iOS, Android OS, as well as other networking and application-level support providing assistance remotely, by phone or in person. This position involves help desk, field service work and in office work. Travel in the San Francisco Bay Area and surrounding areas is required.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Providing technical support to customers with complex technical issues
· Maintain extensive documentation, records and tickets in our ticketing and document management systems
· Setting up and configuring individual network end-users, troubleshooting end-user issues
· Traveling onsite to resolve desktop and server support needs, installing hardware
· Assist with both internal and customer related projects as needed
· Provide responsive support to meet SLA requirements of our customers
· Meet training and certification goals
· Minimum one year in a business IT environment
· Experience with Office 365 Administration, Google Workspace
· Experience with Windows OS, macOS, Chrome OS, iOS Android OS, Microsoft Server OS a plus
· Excellent ability to multitask
· Professional troubleshooting experience
· Experience with Remote Support
· Prior MSP or multi-tenant system experience is a plus but not required
· Dedication to continuing knowledge and advancing technical skill
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to own a problem and see it through to resolution
· Excellent listening and communication skills
· Excellent oral/written communication skills (emphasis on technical communication) in a business environment
· Familiarity with help desk ticketing system
· Experience with desktop operating systems and application software products in a Windows environment
· Experience with LAN/WAN network technologies (i.e. installation of routers, switches, setting up firewalls)
· Familiarity with SLAs
· PowerShell or other windows-based scripting knowledge a big plus
This is a full-time position that requires occasional weekend availability. Pay starts at $25 -$30/hour, depending on experience. Other benefits include group health insurance, Holiday Pay and Paid Time Off (PTO) following the introductory periods.
All job offers are subject to a background check and drug screening since you will be dealing with sensitive client information at times. You should also have reliable transportation and proof of insurance since driving is a part of this position.
Please submit your resume in response to this posting for consideration.
AddressSan Carlos, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at TRS Consulting