Delivery Truck Driver/Warehouse
TROPIC SUPPLY INC Sarasota, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Warehouse Associate & Delivery Driver is responsible for driving Tropic Supply trucks and vans with a capacity of 3 tons or more to transport and deliver cargo or materials to specified destinations and customers. This position is also responsible for providing exceptional customer service, interacting with internal and external customers, vendors and contractors; and continuously demonstrating behaviors and actions consistent with the Company’s core values.
They are also responsible for the following duties:
- Drive truck with capacity of 3 tons or more to transport and deliver cargo or materials to specified destinations.
- Maintain truck logs according to company policy and state and federal DoT regulations.
- Ensure that all parts, pieces, and equipment serial numbers on the paperwork match the inventory loaded on the truck. Each delivery is to be verified before leaving the dock.
- Accurately prepare outgoing deliveries as assigned by the Manager.
- Responsible for proper packing procedures, labeling of packages and all preparatory paperwork required to ensure the most efficient method of transportation of material.
- Physically inspect serialized items for damage as requested by the customer. When required, open the box and inspect equipment. Have the customer initial in the appropriate box on the pick ticket.
- Safely and accurately secure cargo for transport.
- Maintain telephone contact with Resource Center or Manager to receive instructions or to be dispatched to new location.
- Obtain customer signature for goods delivered and have the customer add initials to appropriate box on pick ticket.
- Properly clean and inspect vehicle daily.
- Safely and accurately operate equipment on vehicle to load, unload, or disperse cargo or materials.
- Assist with warehouse duties as needed. Including but not limited to: operating all tools and equipment in a safe manner; including but not limited to: fork lift, pallet jack, and hand truck,
- Safely and effectively operate all warehouse equipment and maintain a valid forklift certification.
- Participate in answering the telephone in warehouse when necessary.
- Maintain warehouse in a clean and orderly manner; sweep warehouse floor and clean debris.
- Promptly notify supervisor of any safety concerns.
- Assist in the annual inventory for the warehouse.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by company/management.
- Have knowledge and comply with, all applicable federal, state, local and company rules and regulations in accordance with the accepted principals of the safe operation of a hazardous cargo tank motor vehicle.
- Properly complete driver daily logs and all necessary delivery tickets, trip reports, fuel reports, damage reports, and other paperwork required by company, to be turned in as instructed.
- Comply with loading/unloading procedures for the appropriate cargos being transported.
- Follow company guidelines with respect to appropriate conduct when dealing with customers, fellow employees, and the motoring public.
- At a minimum, each driver must have a valid Driver's License; must meet/have all state requirements to operate interstate truck/cab while driver is in service.
- Each driver must meet and sustain physical/medical requirements pursuant to state and federal law.
All Tropic Supply associates are expected and required to demonstrate behavior and actions consistent with the Company’s core values at all times: Including but not limited to:
• Consistently providing resourceful and reliable solutions
• Managing relationships, not transactions
• Being accountable for their actions
• Maintaining a positive attitude
• Operating at all times with integrity
• Treating people (internal and external customers) with respect and humility.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Minimum 2 years of verifiable experience.
- 2 years of general warehouse experience. Knowledge of proper use of tape guns and banding machine as required by package type.
- Familiar with bills of lading, packing lists and purchase orders to the extent of proper receiving, matching and distribution of material.
- Ability to develop relationships with customers and provide a high level of customer service
- Must be able to accurately attend to details and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to work with minimum amount of supervision under stressful conditions.
- Proficiency/experience with scanning equipment.
- The ability to drive for up to 12 hours and work an average of 50 hours per week transporting hazardous materials and sitting for extended periods of time in a truck tractor.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and meet the qualifications in 49 CFR Section 391.11(b)(1) of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language, in accordance with 49CFR Section 391.11(b)(2) of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The ability to walk, bend, reach, push, stoop, squat, and climb, as necessary, to perform vehicle inspections required under 49 CFR Sections 396.11-15 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to operate all tools and equipment in a safe manner; including but not limited to: fork lift, pallet jack, and hand truck, reporting safety issues immediately.
The ability to walk, bend, reach, push, stoop, squat, as well as grasp, lift, and handle heavy equipment as necessary, to ensure safety while operating commercial truck, during the hooking and dropping processes of tractor/trailer combinations. Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a commercial motor carrier, computer keyboard and calculator. Requires normal range of hearing, vision and smell.
TROPIC SUPPLY INC
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at TROPIC SUPPLY INC