- Assist pharmacist in preparing for clinical services as allowable by policy and law:
- Diabetes education
- Medication Therapy Management (MTM)
- Tobacco cessation counseling
- Expedite prescription processing by preforming all duties necessary and allowable by policy and law.
- Receives and verifies prescriptions and refills.
- Verifies name, date of birth, address, and phone number of new patients.
- Verifies name and date of birth (and view id) when patients are picking up medications.
- Processes register transactions for new and refilled prescriptions and other sales.
- Assists with creating the delivery manifest.
Ensures necessary communications are provided to the customer such as:
- Medication instructions
- Side effects and medication descriptions
- Arranges customer consultations with Pharmacist when requested by the Pharmacist or patients.
- Offers counseling and procures signatures from customers for all prescriptions received.
- Answers incoming calls
- Consults the Pharmacist on matters such as:
- Prescription and medication questions
- Some judgement based decisions
- Files prescriptions that have been filled.
- Receives and stores incoming drug or other related pharmacy supplies.
- Verifies invoices and physical quantities received of incoming items.
- Monitors medications in the pharmaceutical inventory to keep in stock medications current and disposes of outdated medications.
- Assist with the cleanup of the work station and pharmacy as a whole
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Board of Pharmacy registered certificate
- Language skills: English +
- Proficient analytical, problem solving, and technical skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Business Acumen
- Respect of diversity
- Culturally sensitive and ethics
- Time management skills
- Safety and security
- Adaptable, dependent, and takes initiative
- Attendance and punctuality
- Mathematical skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure (grams, milliliters, units, etc.)
- Reasoning ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Computer skills: ability to preform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the keyboard and programs used by the pharmacy (will be trained on Rx30 and ScriptPro robot)
- Physical demand: ability to lift boxes (20lbs) when necessary
- Simple IRA retirement
- Access to discounts from LifeMart
- Access to LifeCare employee assistance program
- Accommodating schedule