Wellness Nurse LPN/RN
TRINITY PLACE ASSISTED LIVING New Port Richey, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for a reliable Wellness Nurse to care for our senior residents at a newly constructed, family owned and operated 130 unit assisted living facility called Trinity Place located in New Port Richey, FL.
Function: In conjunction with the Wellness Director, the Wellness Nurse supports, and assists to assure residents cleanliness, nourishment, rest and activity in the Community in a manner conducive to the residents comfort and safety, The Wellness Nurse performs the duties of medication ordering, set-up and passes medications to assigned residents in accordance with Trinity Place Assisted Living established procedures and as may be directed by the Wellness Director, Executive Director, Pharmacy Consultant and/or Medical Consultant. The Wellness Nurse performs the duties of monitoring care alerts and 24-hour report for content and accuracy, reports and follows-up on all risk management reports, and monitors residents post incident. Ensures all these systems are in place and function well.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill or ability required.
· Freedom from illegal use of drugs.
· Freedom from use and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
· Persons who have been found guilty by a court of law of or other regulatory agency abusing, neglecting, or mistreating individuals in a health care related setting are ineligible for employment in the position.
· Must pass State and Trinity Place Assisted Living criminal background screen.
Core skills and abilities:
· Must be LPN or RN in good standing and meet all State health requirements.
· Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Intermediate level of computer and technology competency, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other Microsoft Windows applications
· Passion for working with seniors
· Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist residents with medication administration as prescribed by a physician and per the resident service plan.
• Providing change of condition to physicians and implementing care plan instructions
• Taking vital signs, such as blood pressure, temperature, and weight
• Basic wound care including cleaning and bandaging injured areas
• Giving injections of medication and/or immunization
• Taking medical histories
• Entering information into computer systems
• Provide licensed nursing services to residents and patient care: records vital signs; discusses and records health concerns; reports change of conditions to the PCP, assists with medication administration
• All aspects of Medication Management preserving safety, dignity, and self-respect of all residents at all the time
• Orders medication under the direction of the resident’s physician when needed upon receipt of physician’s order; receives all medications of new residents and logs them into the appropriate system used by the community
• Ensures that the Wellness Center and Medication Carts are appropriately stocked, cleaned, and organized
• Notifies the resident and/or responsible party, Wellness Director and Pharmacy when changes in prescriptions are made
• Updates the residents medication record as necessary and monitors the medication/treatment records for accuracy and completeness
• Count controlled substance/narcotics at the beginning and end of your shift. Report any discrepancies to the Wellness Director at any time they are discovered
• Conducts ongoing healthcare oversight for each resident to monitor and record any changes in the health of the resident will report any the above changes to the Wellness Director. Under the direction of the Wellness Director, the Wellness Nurse will notify the resident and/or the residents responsible party (if applicable) and interact with the residents’ physician when necessary.
• Monitor the daily reports/ alerts, shift/24 Hour Report for accuracy and follow up.
• Assists the Wellness Director with the Assessments and its components for every new resident and with their service plans,
• Oversees that all call signals are answered promptly
• Notifies the Wellness Director of any equipment and supply needs while maintaining the Resident Care budget
• Contributes to maintaining survey readiness and ensures compliance with state regulations
• Maintains clear communication with Resident Assistants to monitor procedures and that the delivery of care is effective
• Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents, residents' families, visitors and staff.
• Serves in a supervisory role for Resident Caregivers during shift
• Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to the resident, team member, residence, company information and records.
• Maintains a safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits.
• Complies with the attendance policy.
• Maintains neat appearance, good personal hygiene and appropriate uniform.
• Participates in training, in services and attends meetings when required.
• Assists with special projects as assigned and performs other related duties.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
TRINITY PLACE ASSISTED LIVING
8684 Old County Rd 54New Port Richey, FL
HealthcareView all jobs at TRINITY PLACE ASSISTED LIVING