TRINITY PLACE ASSISTED LIVING New Port Richey, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Trinity Place Assisted Living , we create a personalized plan-of-care that reflects each resident's specific service needs in order to provide the best support and experience possible every day. Our dedicated team provides each of our resident’s daily meals and snacks, housekeeping, laundry, medication management, recreational activities and a variety of additional amenities and services - all with a loving touch.
FUNCTION: As a vital part of Trinity Place Assisted Living, resident assistants provide long-term care to our elderly residents. They help them handle the demands of everyday life such as providing personal hygiene support. A significant part of a resident assistant’s job is to assist residents with their activities of daily living and to supervise medication self-administration. Often, this makes the resident totally dependent on the resident services assistant. This position reports to the Resident Services Coordinator.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill or ability required.
· Freedom from illegal use of drugs.
· Freedom from use and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
· Persons who have been found guilty by a court of law of or other regulatory agency abusing, neglecting, or mistreating individuals in a health care related setting are ineligible for employment in the position.
· Must pass State and Trinity Place Assisted Living criminal background screening.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Experience working with elderly or disabled people a plus.
· First aid and CPR training preferable.
· CNA or similar certification a plus.
· Friendly, professional demeanor.
· Strong emotional intelligence, interpersonal, and listening skills.
· Good physical fitness.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The resident assistant responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Assist residents with activities of daily living such as toileting, bathing, dressing, grooming…etc.
· Assist residents with transfer, walking, and moving in and out of bed.
· Assist with mobility and range of motion
· Supervise medication self-administration as per resident’s care plan and as required by supervisor.
· Ensure that each resident is comfortable in their room.
· Attempt to resolve residents’ issues by employing tact and compassion.
· Accompany residents to health care professional appointments as needed.
· Transport residents through wheelchairs.
· Providing companionship to residents and establishing a trusting relationship with them.
· Respond to emergencies by employing training in charting out emergency management plans.
· Reporting any concerns or medical issues to the shift nurse or supervisor.
· Performing any reasonable requests that residents ask for.
· Collaborating with management and coworkers to ensure residents receive the best quality of life possible.
· Give and receive report at the beginning and end of every shift.
· Report any suspected or witnessed incident including resident falls, suspected cases of abuse, and neglect to the supervisor immediately.
· Report any on the job injuries immediately to the supervisor.
· Greet visitors and direct them to the right room or person to talk to.
· Observe residents’ conditions and report any significant changes to the shift nurse or supervisor.
· Take and record vitals.
· Serve resident meals according to each resident’s nutritional needs.
· Ensure that food intake information is maintained.
· Observe safe food handling techniques at all times when serving residents meals.
· Clear tables and clean the dishes after every meal.
· Assist with the delivery of recreational activities and supervise exercise programs.
· Assist residents confined in their rooms with routine recreational activities.
· Accompany residents to recreational activities per care plan.
· Develop positive and relational bonds with residents by engaging them in conversation.
· Keep records of resident activity, behavior, and moods.
· Clean rooms and other common areas around the facility as needed or as directed by the supervisor.
· Change linen and ensure that any soiled linen is transported to the laundry room and washed immediately.
· Collect, clean laundry, and ensure that each resident’s laundry is delivered back to the room.
· Ensuring that the residents' living quarters are safe and well-organized.
· Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor.
TRINITY PLACE ASSISTED LIVING
8684 Old County Rd 54New Port Richey, FL
Personal CareView all jobs at TRINITY PLACE ASSISTED LIVING