Supplier QualityEngineer - Aerospace
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) will be responsible for executing and expanding on key initiatives inside of the supplier quality organization. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to be flexible in high pressure situations.
- Implementing, monitoring, approving and/or closing FAI approvals, sampling plans, and projects in the supply base.
- Travel may be required to aid supplier in training and closing actions.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of relevant procedures/requirements is necessary.
- The SQE will own/participate in process, procedural and standard work development and updates.
- The SQE will have the opportunity to identify an area of improvement within the organization and hold an event to solve the problem.
- Analyzes current functions to develop creative and innovative solution to business needs.
- Consults with product manager and SME's to identify and document general business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, and security requirements.
- Possesses a solid understanding of the overall role of the Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE).
- Provides technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures.
- Provide leadership and direction to suppliers to ensure compliance to QCD (Quality, Cost, and Delivery) performance process requirements, and maintains up-to-date knowledge of general standards and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates and facilitates meetings as needed.
- Implements system solutions and provides product demonstrations and training internally and with clients as needed.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as a Quality Engineering in an Aerospace Manufacturing Environment.
- Working knowledge and experience with Aircraft Parts and Material Conformity Inspections
- 3-5 years FAI experience with AS9102 (FAI) Protocol
- Hands-on inspection experience and ability to use basic inspection tools and equipment (e.g. calipers, micrometers, gauges, etc.)
- Hands-on experience or working knowledge of Special Processes (i.e., heat treating, welding, NDT)
- Working knowledge and experience with inspection methods, techniques and protocols
- Strong understanding of Engineering Mechanical Processes, Standard Drawings Conventions, Interpreting Drawing, Specifications and GD&T
- 5-7 years' experience hands-on experience with the ISO9100 and AS9100 Quality Management Systems Processes, especially in Production, Quality, and logistics
- Knowledge of, (or hands-on experience preferred), with FAA, EAR, and ITAR standards and regulations
- Experience leading customer audits
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills
- Project management, time management, problem solving and organization
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- Prior experience in areas of Quality Engineering such as: DOE, FMEA, SPC, RCCA, controls plans, material control, process control, systems performance, product evaluation, MSA, metrology, automated measurement and software is preferred.
Required Education (including certifications):
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a technical discipline, (i.e., Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Quality Management, etc.).
- OR In lieu of a Degree, 8+ years of hands-on experience as a Quality Engineering in an Aerospace Manufacturing environment.
We offer an attractive compensation package. Please specify your salary expectations.Only qualified applicants will be selected. No phone calls please. At this time Trigo Global Quality will not offer or commence ("sponsor") an immigration case in order to employ you (for example, H-1B, TN, OP-T VISAs or other employment-based immigration case). This is sometimes called "sponsorship" for an employment-based visa status.Qualified candidates mayapply directly on our site at:https://trigogroup.applicantpro.com/jobs/
For over 30 years, Trigo Global Quality (Formerly the PIC Group) has remained the leading provider of full-service quality solutions, servicing the automotive, aerospace and manufacturing industries throughout the United States, Canada and most recently, Mexico. As the only full-service quality solutions provider of its kind, PIC provides containment, inspection, quality engineering consultants, training, and supplier development services. Not only do our quality solutions help customers meet their immediate needs, but they help to rectify quality issues long term. With our extensive geographic footprint, we are the largest global provider of quality solutions with the ability to respond quickly and effortlessly, when and where our customers need us.
Think you'd make a good addition to the team? Come, build a future with us!
Please visit our website at:www.trigo-group.com
Following a merger with TRIGO Global Quality Group in November 2015, PIC expanded its geographic footprint globally and created the largest and most comprehensive breadth of quality solutions available worldwide. Our team of over 8,000 professionals delivers Quality Assurance Services in over 20 countries.
Trigo Global Quality Solutions is committed to the core values of equal employment opportunity. We are committed to treating people fairly, and with respect and dignity. We offer employment opportunities based upon an individual's qualifications and performance, free from discrimination or harassment because of race, ancestry, place of origin, ethnic origin, color, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, and disability.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro