Quality Inspector - (Aerospace )
TRIGO Global Quality Solutions Chicago, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
Quality Inspector – Chicago, IL
For over 30 years, TRIGO Quality Solutions US Inc. (Formerly the PIC Group) has remained the leading provider of full-service quality solutions, servicing the automotive, aerospace and manufacturing industries throughout the United States, Canada and most recently, Mexico. As the only full-service quality solutions provider of its kind, TRIGO's team of over 8,000 professionals provide containment, inspection, quality engineering consultants, training, and supplier development services in over 20 countries. Not only do our quality solutions help customers meet their immediate needs, but they help to rectify quality issues long term. With our extensive geographic footprint, we are the largest global provider of quality solutions with the ability to respond quickly and effortlessly, when and where our customers need us.
Think you'd make a good addition to the team? Come, build a future with us!
Please visit our website at: https://campaign.trigo-group.com/en/accelerate-your-career
The Quality Inspector and our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
- Inspect incoming raw materials, detail parts, kits, components, subassemblies, and major assemblies for visual damage and ensure contents and documentation comply with purchase order, methods documents, and engineering specifications.
- You will be responsible for the Certification of raw materials, parts and components under Transport Canada Civil Aviation (TCCA) & Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) regulatory authority.
- You will inspect outgoing parts, articles, materials, and documentation to the requirements of export shipping order and regulatory requirements (FAA/TCCA/EASA).
- Track and maintain accurate shipping/receiving inventory and inspection results using multiple computerized databases and manual filing systems.
- Document discrepancies and coordinate resolution with assigned area of Production, Methods, Engineering, and/or Material Review board (MRB) as appropriate.
- Ensure all inspection documentation and production work instructions are complete and comply with quality system and engineering specifications.
- Interpretation and practical application of regulatory requirements (FAA/TCCA/EASA).
- Other duties in support of operational necessities as assigned.
- You will perform shift work and may be required to work some weekends.
- 2-5 years shipping/receiving inspection experience or equivalent or FAA Airframe & Powerplant license, TCCA Aircraft Maintenance Engineering license, European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) Category A,B1, B2 or C Aircraft maintenance Certification personnel or equivalent Military experience
- 3 years' aerospace specific quality inspection experience (Civilian or Military)
- Experience working with Authorized Release Certificates (FAA 8130/TCCA Form One/EASA Form 1), industry standard parts and specifications, and an understanding of aviation regulatory requirements (FAA/TCCA/EASA)
- The ability to read and interpret engineering documents
- You have excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with a variety of individuals and departments
- The ability to identify and resolve problems
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, Lotus Notes & SAP)
- Good English skills (reading, writing, speaking)
- 5+ years of previous work experience.
- Ability to support business needs of the applicable team, as they apply to attendance, overtime, and punctuality.
- Ability to communicate with customer engineers or other salaried customer staff with whom the inspector may not already have a personal relationship, such that the inspector can professionally describe product technical characteristics over email or telephone
- Ability to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous tasks.
- Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work without supervision
- Any certification is a plus.
Required Education (including certifications):
- Associate's Degree or HS Diploma with completed vocational training in a technical profession
TRIGO Quality Solutions US Inc.is committed to the core values of equal employment opportunity. We are committed to treating people fairly, and with respect and dignity. We offer employment opportunities based upon an individual's qualifications and performance, free from discrimination or harassment because of race, ancestry, place of origin, ethnic origin, color, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, and disability.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
TRIGO Global Quality Solutions
ManufacturingView all jobs at TRIGO Global Quality Solutions