Responsible to ensure all Material Handling disciplines are in place and enforced. Supervise Material Handling personnel and drive conformance/ accountability throughout Supply Chain. Leads a group of employees engaged in material floor operations, driving the team to achieve business plan objectives.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Train and monitor the functional areas of Material Handling, including Shipping & Receiving within the plant to ensure that all inventory transactions and material delivery are performed correctly and on a timely basis.
· Responsible and accountable for all material handling floor operations on multiple shifts.
· Work with Lead Material Office Manager for seamless coordination between floor and office operations.
· Ensure active safety tour process execution with material floor operations and coordinate resolution of safety/ergonomic concerns.
· Train and develop salaried direct reports.
· Build relationships with production, engineering, and other cross functional supporting departments.
· Actively support and participate in the engineering change process, planning, and execution.
· Ensure successful execution of part changes on the floor.
· Involvement in Plan for Every Part (PFEP) activities.
· Execute and ensure compliance of lean manufacturing elements which support BIQ-S attainment.
· Create a comprehensive 5S plan and material storage in a multi-shift operation
· Work with Operations and Engineering to establish work cell lay out and line-side presentation
· Implement and maintain conveyance routes, Kanban pull systems, receiving board, shipping processes, material storage locations, and signage.
· Drive performance and continuous improvement process
· Lead effort to organize visual inventory systems on the shop floor
· Establish and enforce FIFO and stock rotation initiatives
· Direct label changes and repack activities as required
· Ensure systems are in place to ensure the accuracy of transactions
· Support budget development and budget attainment initiatives.
· Oversee scrap performance related to material handling damage/issues.
· Support record balance integrity and verification in conjunction with the Materials Office Team.
· Will perform additional duties as directed by MP&L Manager
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor degree in Business Administration or related field.
· 6+ years’ experience in materials management and inventory control
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
· Detailed understanding and experience working with SAP, especially in inventory and receiving area
· Good skill with MS Office, Word, and Excel.
· Able to work in a rapidly changing environment
· Ability to process time sensitive information and orders and meet deadlines
· Ability to communicate timely co-workers and management
· Accurate document control
· Ability to manage people
· Interpersonal skills to effectively lead, motivate, and facilitate others in group situations
· Ability to develop processes and procedures in a start up environment
· 10% or less travel and ability to periodically work non-traditional business hours to support local and international suppliers.
Note: Functional responsibilities subject to change over time
TREMEC torque transfer solutions include manual rear-wheel drive transmissions, dual clutch transmissions, hybrid & EV drivetrain solutions, gears, shafts, and mechatronic systems with integrated clutch systems and control software.
TREMEC's products solve key challenges faced by the powertrain industry, including mandates for increased fuel efficiency, reduced emissions, lower weight, and compact size. Its technology addresses the industry's stringent requirements for reliability, cost, and quality - while providing fun-to-drive characteristics.
Why Work Here?From high performance supercars and sports cars to rugged-duty agricultural, vocational and line haul vehicles, TREMEC is a well-respected brand for world-class transmission assemblies and components. TREMEC torque transfer solutions include manual rear-wheel drive transmissions, dual clutch transmissions, hybrid & EV drivetrain solutions, gears, shafts, and mechatronic systems with integrated clutch systems and control software. TREMEC's products solve key challenges faced by the powertrain industry, including mandates for increased fuel efficiency, reduced emissions, lower weight, and compact size. Its technology addresses the industry's stringent requirements for reliability, cost, and quality - while providing fun-to-drive characteristics.
TREMEC leads the industry in quality, innovation, value and performance.