TRC Staffing Services Swansea, SC
- Posted: over a month ago
- $13 Hourly
We are currently looking for Machine Operators in the Calhoun County, SC area!
SHIFT & PAY
12 hour rotating swing shift
Straight days or nights
7:15am - 7:30pm or 7:15pm - 07:30am
Provides assistance to the shirring department by performing semi-skilled labor and operating required equipment. Keeps work areas in clean and orderly condition. Reports to Shirring Department Team Leader.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform a variety of routine tasks to assist in production activities.
- Transport materials, supplies, components, and packaged product between work areas, using work aids, such as racks, carts, and hand trucks.
- Examine and measure product to verify conformance to company standards.
- Examine product for defects and to ensure proper functioning, using a water link test.
- Deliver supplies to work stations.
- Record information, such as number of product tested, using computerized data entry.
- Collect and discard trash to maintain machinery and work areas.
- Utilize proper safety precautions related to all work performed.
Education and Experience and requirements:
- High school graduate or equivalent; Work Keys scores as determined.
- Previous work experience and specifically Manufacturing experience a plus.
- A criminal background check and drug screen will be required prior to temporary placement, and pre-screening physical will be required prior to full time employment.
Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Ability to perform routine maintenance of work areas and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing quality assurance.
- Knowledge of materials, production processes, and quality control methods for maximizing the effective manufacturing and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of operational characteristics of mechanical equipment and tools used in the area of work assigned.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Ability to perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Location: 100% indoors
Hazards: Moving equipment, trip obstacles, slippery surfaces
Safety Equipment: Non-skid safety shoes, safety glasses, color-coded smocks, hairnets
Essential functions require maintaining physical condition necessary for:
- Standing / Walking: Constantly, throughout 12-hour work shift
- Sitting: Infrequently, during breaks and lunch
- Lift / Carry: Frequently, 1-75 lbs., equipment, supplies, products
- Bending / Twisting: Frequently, at waist, knees, and neck throughout work shift. Some twisting is required, but can be avoided with attention to proper body mechanics.
- Kneeling / Crouching: Infrequently, may be required while retrieving supplies from lower shelves
- Hands / Arms: Constant use in reaching, handling, grasping, and using fingers while operating equipment and tools. Overhead reaching required throughout shift.
- Sight: Constantly, in performing job tasks and maintaining safety standards on the job. Requires depth perception and hand / eye coordination in the operation of equipment and tool use.
- Speech / Hearing: Constantly, in communicating with coworkers and maintaining safe work environment.