- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
"Join the team of a leading US manufacturer of high-performance fabrics and materials serving the Aerospace, Marine, Filtration, Insulation, Automotive, Electrical, Protection and Construction industries. Our 2,000-item plus product line is sold through sales and distribution channels across the globe. Our expertise is in developing enduring solutions for products and processes that require lightweight, thermal, or high strength design elements. We have also developed over 35 patents for its specialized finishes and processes."
Primary Function: Responsible for maintaining/improving product and process quality by interacting with customers, TSEs, R&D & Manufacturing. Implements the proper process controls and product measures to ensure the quality and manufacturing goals are attained.
Machines, Tools and Equipment used: Personal computer, software pertaining to job, hand tools, and devices for calculating, planning organizing and controlling job.
Materials Used: General office supplies
Supervision: QC/QA Manager
Direction Exercised: Product Engineering Technician
- Meet with QC/QA Manager on an as needed basis, to communicate on a variety of subjects, but specifically safety, quality, production, production scheduling and equipment requirements.
- Maintain assigned area in a clean, neat, orderly manner, so that the work area will reflect a safe and healthful work environment.
- Walk department areas daily to determine any corrective actions that may need to be made related to: safety, quality, training or general communications.
- Perform appropriate written documentation related to process parameters. Developing and monitoring SPC data for all production areas.
- Identify failure modes, monitor key parameters and implement action plans for proper control
- Create reports, graphs, and other visuals. Communicate trends and implement corrective actions for quality or efficiency issues
- Assist with QA/QC and Process tasks – including audits, issuing of instructions and reports, maintaining databases, provide training support.
- Support all plant activities related to trials and machine evaluation
- Maintain Machine Setup Databases for Production Areas
- Maintain appropriate communications with department managers relative to manufacturing objectives, quality goals, and/or safety.
- Communicate with customers on quality or production related issues through verbal or written communication and presentation of statistical data
- Communicate with suppliers on quality or production related issues through verbal or written communication and presentation of statistical data
- Develop visual, effective simplified user manuals
- Perform any other assignments as directed by the QC/QA Manager
Authorized Training Period: As determined by Manager
Activity Frequency, Amount, or Description:
- Standing: As required to perform assigned task. Up to 12 hours per day.
- Sitting: As required to perform assigned task. Up to 12 hours per day.
- Moving (Self): 4/8 hours continuously over 85,000 square feet of manufacturing areas
- Climbing: As necessary to evaluate machinery and processes. Use all SAFETY PRECAUTIONS.
- Moving/ lifting: As required to perform assigned task. Use all SAFETY PRECAUTIONS.
- Hearing/Speaking: As needed to communicate. As necessary to make supplier, customer presentations.
- Oral and written communications with corporate staff, plant staff, supervisors, vendors, and hourly employees.
- Reaching: Reaching through three body zones and around body. Frequency may be up to 200 times per shift.
- Some objects may weigh up to 35 pounds.
- Visual Acuity: 20/40 corrected vision
- Bending/Stooping: To floor level as needed.
- Exposure to fiberglass, fly, dust, finishing fumes or other chemicals. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment as required based on job assignment
- 4 Year Degree in Textile Engineering
- 1-3 Years manufacturing & engineering experience
- 1-3 Years Microsoft Access Experience
- ISO 9001 experience and knowledge
- 1-3 years experience with 5S, Root Cause Analysis, Value Stream Mapping, Six Sigma and other process improvement/lean tools
- 4 Year Degree in Industrial, Textile or Chemical Engineering
- 20/40 correctable eyesight
Assessments: Medical as necessary, Performance Review
If you are interested or want to learn more, please e-mail your resume to Morgan.Taylor@trcstaffing.com
TRC Staffing Services is committed to providing the very best service our industry has to offer. We believe it all starts with people. We aim to hire the best people in the industry and provide an environment that promotes their growth. Our mission is to help our clients build their businesses and help our employees build their future.
TRC Staffing Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
TRC - Recruiting Center
Get fresh Fabrication Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.