The Telephony Project Manager is responsible for managing projects within the Advisor Group Infrastructure portfolio to ensure deliverables meet or exceed stakeholder expectations while ensuring the realization of benefits within the time, cost, and quality constraints. The role will be accountable to drive the projects utilizing standardized software development lifecycle processes in an Agile environment. A high-level knowledge of telephony, infrastructure, data center migration, and technical knowledge is required in this role along with strong communication and project management skills. The role will report to the PMO lead of Infrastructure.
Key Areas of Responsibility include:
· Creates and tracks program and project plans, milestones, deliverables and status
· Prepares project status reports as needed by different stakeholders and leads project status meetings
· Coordinates with IT management, business managers, resource managers and the PMO manager for resource assignments, creation of project deliverables, issue resolution and escalation
· Maintains project budgets including monthly accruals and forecasts. Overall responsibility to deliver projects within scope, schedule and budget
· Possesses critical soft skills and especially strong communication skills, both written and oral
· Detailed oriented and strong organizational skills
· Solid understanding and knowledge in some of these concepts and technologies: Telecommunication, Storage, Servers, IT Security, Virtualization, Desktops, Active Directory, data centers migrations and upgrades
- Security Systems,
- Workplace Technology
- Data Center Migration experience would be great.
- They work in an Agile environment
- Cisco, Genesis, Spine and Leaf, Load Balancing, switches, routers, networking experience
- Direct, monitor and manage multiple infrastructure-based projects from their initial phases through implementation.
- I believe these projects will be across multiple environments and I think in both local and remote locations.
- Manage project scheduling and budgeting.
·Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Management Information Systems, Business, or Engineering or equivalent work experience required.
·5-7 years of IT and business experience in strategic planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms.
·5+ years of experience managing projects in IT infrastructure and operations, network implementation, Data Center migration and Security domains.
·5+ years of experience in overall project management, with proven history of successful implementations
·Previous technical management experience in a dynamic high-technology environment.
· Demonstrated track record of successfully delivering infrastructure and/or software development projects, including project scope, schedule, resources, quality, costs and change management, Network projects, Data Center migration,Telephony projects, upgrades and some operations experience
· Possession of the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent
· Six Sigma methodology experience (Green or Black Belt level)
· ITIL Certification (Foundation) is a plus
· Agile Training & certifications (Scrum master, Product Owner, etc.)
· Acquistion & Merger integration experience