HR Business Partner
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Novelis (formally known as Aleris) in Uhrichsville, Ohio is seeking an experienced HR professional to:
- Administer a full range of HR functions like labor relations, benefits, timekeeping/payroll, leave of absences, recruiting/onboarding, talent management, etc.
- Identify, recommend and develop new approaches, policies and procedures to improve the HR function
- Coordinate special projects and events
This HR professional must:
- Champion plant safety and live the Novelis Culture Beliefs
- Provide support to safety programs, the social responsibility committee, and other activities to support safety and cultural improvements
- Assist in developing and implementing effective recruitment strategies for hourly bargaining unit positions
- Ensure all recruitment compliance activities are followed and documented (postings, job files, pre-employment screenings, EEO/AAP annual filing, data tracking, etc.)
- Work with hiring managers to identify the most qualified candidates
- Work with the HR team, department managers, supervisors and employees to resolve employee relations issues and provide advice, assistance
- Ensure thorough analysis of issues, documentation of facts, and then formulate sound and compliant recommendations.
- Create and maintain a positive labor relations climate by completing day to day labor contract administration (bereavement, LOA, seniority, vacation, job bids, etc.), attending meetings with union stewards, and assisting in grievance meetings and arbitrations
- Work closely with the Human Resources Manager to identify competency, knowledge, and talent gaps within critical areas and develop/recommend specific programs
- Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs as well as training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities
- Conduct training in HR and employment-related subjects
- Administer and explain benefits to employees, serving as a liaison between employees and insurance carriers as needed. Conduct annual enrollment meetings.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Perform administrative HR duties
- Maintain HRIS, attendance, leave of absence (FMLA and worker’s compensation), and vacation records
- Complete weekly payroll processing and verify time and attendance records
- Compile and analyze statistical reports concerning recruitment and EEO, compensation, headcount, succession planning, and turnover data
- Administer various employee out-reach programs
- Verify data integrity and perform file management
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Business or related field
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Excellent written, verbal, listening and interpersonal skills
- Must have ability to learn quickly and work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, labor contracts, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers/employees
- Advanced customer service skills and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Three+ years of progressive HR experience in a manufacturing environment
- HRCI or SHRM certification
- Experience in a union environment
- Previous PeopleSoft HRIS and Kronos payroll system administration
TRC Professional SolutionsWhy Work Here?
This role offers great benefits, culture, and advancement opportunities!
7335 Newport Rd SEUhrichsville, OH