DIRECT HIRE Production Planner Opportunity!
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This individual is responsible for scheduling various work centers to meet customer requirements derived from the master production schedule. This person will also be accountable for managing the inventory levels of work in process items both purchased and manufactured.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities
• Use various IT systems such as SAP, Advaris POM/DPS/SFC, determine products and quantities to manufacture on the most efficient production equipment.
• Be able to analyze actual loading vs. capacity and identify bottlenecks as well as under-load situations.
• Responsible for maintaining customer service levels at acceptable levels by scheduling production in an efficient manner.
• Requisition raw materials to support the master production schedule.
• Support the policies and procedures of Logistics Groups and Product Management groups
• Must work with sales to quote new orders and advise status of existing orders.
• Must understand manufacturing work flows in all areas of the plant.
• Responsible for reviewing WIP levels to keep obsolete inventory at acceptable levels.
• Schedule manufacturing facilities for maximum utilization.
• Note any deviations taken from actual production with the planned schedule.
• Coordinate production schedules and accommodates priority requirements.
• Must support the production departments and work closely with the department managers and the supervisors in the plant.
• Coordinate the workflow for manufacturing operations from quoting items until the material has been completed and entered finished goods ready to ship.
• Gather data and analyze to make predictions, assess trends, and map out future processes
• Knowledge of Lean Management systems and Lean tools like 5S, DHP, VSM, TPM, and KPIs is a plus
• Participate as needed in Lean activities, such as Kaizen events, Problem Solving events, SMED, GEMBA walks, VSM and others.
• Must demonstrate the ability to learn new skills and adapt to change quickly.
• Must be flexible and willing to accept responsibilities that are outside the traditional scope.
• Be able to work unconventional hours to support a 24/7 manufacturing environment
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business, Computer Science, or related engineering field along with 3 year’s related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Must be proficient in Word, Excel and other software products and have a very good aptitude for information systems.
• Must have excellent verbal and written skills along with exceptional interpersonal skills
• SAP, Advaris, Kaizen Optimizer, Cable builder knowledge is preferred
• Must be able to work well on teams with sales, product management, and operations.asdfas
• Must be detail oriented with the ability to think critically and logically
TRC Professional Solutions
Get fresh Production Planner Scheduler jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.