This position is responsible for assisting the Human Resources Department in all aspects of the Human Resources activities. The primary functions are benefits administration, providing back up for the HR Manager, and HR Team. The responsibilities include employee relations, reviewing department processes for continued process improvement, cross training, support of recruitment strategies, explaining the benefit options to new employees, assisting employees with benefits enrollment processes, meeting with employees 1:1 to address employee inquiries about their insurance or retirement benefits, maintaining files and records of individual employee benefits, documenting and summarizing employee issued concerns, and communicating with employees on leave.
This position will provide excellence in customer service understanding the necessity of maintaining confidentiality and discretion. Subject-matter knowledge, experience and excellence in communication are required for general HR functions, and benefits. Able to exercise effective judgment, creativity, and sensitivity to changing needs and situations.
• Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work.
• Able to work alone on a broad variety of projects.
• Assist employees and new hires with guidance regarding the TRAX MTSS benefits packages, open enrollment, and orientation.
Our benefits packages include medical, dental and vision care plans, FMLA, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Flex Spending, 401K, and life insurance benefits plans. Typical duties include assisting in a variety of administrative matters; maintaining a wide variety of personnel, medical, and personal files, compiling information; handling and addressing complaints. Other duties as assigned.
Pay Rate: DOE
• Must have an AA degree and three years’ experience in benefits and HR administration, or 5 years’ experience in a Human Resources setting.
• Minimum of three years of progressive human resources responsibilities, expertise and experience as a human resources generalist.
Job Skills Requirements:
• Ability to use personal computers and associated software, including internal human resources management systems and Microsoft Office applications.
• Must be able to type 40 words per minute.
• Effective oral and written communication skills are required to interface and communicate with all employees.
• Proficient in the English language.
• Ability to present information effectively and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, the general public and employees at all levels.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
• Skill in comprehending and analyzing organization and procedural problems and in making sound recommendations and conclusions.
• Ability to apply a broad knowledge of the principles and practices of human resources management.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
• Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
• Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Work is mostly performed in an office setting. Occasionally work will be performed outdoors.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, talk, hear and see.
• Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 25 pounds) during the course of the workday.
• Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
• Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
• Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
• Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
• Must use “down-time” effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
• Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
• Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
• Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy.
• Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
• Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
• Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
• Must be adaptable and able to remain calm under stressful conditions.
• Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees, members of the HR management team, and in group presentations and meetings.
• Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information.
• Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently.
• Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality.
• Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback.
• Maintaining current HR files and databases.
• Compiling reports and spreadsheets and preparing spreadsheets.
• Maintaining computer system by updating and entering data.
• Setting appointments and arranging meetings.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business or a closely related area.
• Successful completion of a SHRM certification
Terms of Employment & Eligibility Requirements:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
• Must be a current TRAX employee or affiliate subcontractor for internal postings.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
***Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
The lists above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position. TRAX International reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
•TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
•TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
•TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
•Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
TRAX Test Services also encompasses affiliate subcontracts. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the subcontracts.