Calling all Front Desk Agents, PBX Operators, Customer Service Representatives, Receptionists, and Administrative Professionals!! We need YOU for an invigorating new opportunity with TRAVELING TEAMS!!
Over 18 years ago in Northville, MI, TRAVELING TEAMS® was founded on the simple concept of service. We decided from the beginning that we would only serve youth sports and now TRAVELING TEAMS® is the leading youth sports housing provider with every major brand in over 360 markets throughout North America. Over the years, we have forged lasting relationships with national level hotels, CVBs, and sports commissions. Through these relationships we have proven successful in managing the volume and prestige of any event. As TRAVELING TEAMS® evolves, we will continue to invest in state of the art technology and always keep remarkable service at the forefront of our vision and model.
What is this job?
Get ready to tell your friends and family how you work with some of the largest youth sporting events in the country, make an impact on other people’s lives, AND get to work for a thriving technological organization!
This is a unique role; no day is the same and no day is boring. You get to work as though you are solving a puzzle, getting creative in fitting people’s needs and resolving problems, all while developing team relationships. You make an ENORMOUS difference to our clients, the teams, the hotels, and our company. YOU make a difference here!
You will work closely with team managers and coaches to provide ideal housing solutions to fit their team’s needs. You will assist teams by providing them expert knowledge of their areas of travel with a variety of hotel solutions, develop long term relationships with team leaders and coaches, and provide the ultimate customer service experience for every team.
- Represent TRAVELING TEAMS, our events and our hotel partners. You will need to ensure clear and accurate communication, attention to detail and focus.
- Warmly answer incoming calls to assist with reservations, confirmations, special requests, and questions.
- Make and answer a high volume of calls and emails, maintaining a rapid response rate according to agreed standards. When required, log communication with detailed and accurate records.
- Review hotel details, rates, services, amenities, and other information regarding the hotel as requested.
- Solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements if necessary.
- Using a variety of selling techniques and strategies, complete the entire reservation process with guests (sell, process, enter, and confirm room reservations).
- Maintain knowledge of our cutting edge reporting system, current events, and potential issues.
- Verify payment for stay including incidental costs by obtaining credit card information.
- With a focus on guest satisfaction and empathy, assist incoming callers resolve issues and complaints.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and the public.
- We have a casual dress code! However, you do need to maintain regular, consistent, and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures.
- Utilize supervisor support when necessary.
- Assist in any other tasks as assigned.
We value education, but like experience even more! Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Hotel, customer service, sales, or similar experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills; excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Must be fluent in verbal and written English.
- Excellent computer and typing skills required. Excel and Word proficiency desired.
- Expert listening and comprehension skills required.