FLEET MECHANIC SUPERVISOR
If you're looking for a rewarding and challenging position within a great company, this career is for you! Transportation Solution Services is searching for an organized and qualified individual to perform maintenance, diagnosis, and repairs on our fleet of minivans, 15 passenger vans, and high-top vans modified for wheelchairs in a safe, efficient, quality-minded and customer-focused manner. This job is Monday through Friday, 8-5 NO WEEKENDS!!
The Fleet Supervisor is responsible for maintaining a safe, reliable, and cost-efficient fleet of vehicles to support the business. He/she ensures proper use and care of physical assets, helps to prevent equipment failures, controls costs, manages external vendor relationships. This position directly supervises porters and mechanics within the department.
A primary responsibility of this position is to monitor fleet vehicle equipment maintenance. To do this, the Mechanic Supervisor schedules Preventative Maintenance Inspections, service campaign repairs, and corrective repairs. The fleet supervisor reviews the results, monitors repairs, and performs audits to ensure mechanics adhere to safety, regulatory, and appearance standards. This individual analyzes equipment or vehicle system failures to determine root causes and resolve problems, plans, and coordinates equipment repairs with internal and external groups (e.g., drivers, dispatchers, vendors). Another major area of responsibility is to maintain automotive cost-effectiveness. Duties include reviewing equipment failures and component replacements to identify trends, and monitoring key expense indices (e.g., fuel, replacement parts, tires, labor hours, equipment, etc.) to identify and implement cost-saving strategies. The Maintenance Supervisor also supports automotive safety and regulatory compliance by performing required inspections and preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment, following up on issues, and coordinating safety and regulatory training. Vendor related duties include verifying external-vendor repairs, auditing repair orders, and estimates,
Planning, Organizing, and Accountability
• Follow paper-flow procedures including documenting correct mileage/hours, save and tag all warranty and core parts, document all repairs on work order using complaint, cause, and correction format, follow parts ordering/billing procedures.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturers specifications including engines, transmissions and clutches, suspension and steering, fuel and ignition (gas and diesel), electrical systems, brakes, and HVAC systems.
- Perform Diagnostic test prior to repairs
- Wheelchair-lift maintenance and repair.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug testing.
Transportation Solution Services, LLC is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50k $24.00 /hour
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Mechanic experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: ASE?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- When are you available for an interview or phone screen? Please list 2-3 dates and times or ranges of times.
TRANSPORTATION SOLUTION SERVICES LL
Why Work Here?This is your opportunity to be part of a great team in a fast growing company. If you are looking for a company who appreciates their employees look no farther. If you are looking for an opportunity with growth, an opportunity to work with great teammates, the desire to help others in our community, we can find a spot for you.
Extremely rewarding and a fun team!
Saint Louis, MO