TRAKAmerica is a national accounts receivable management and outsourcing provider for many of the largest financial institutions and debt buying entities in the country. We are looking for an accomplished paralegal to join our legal team in our corporate office located in Bonita Springs, FL to handle a wide range of legal responsibilities. This position is classified as Exempt under the FLSA and will not earn overtime for any hours worked in excess of 40 hours in each work week.
The position will handle a wide range of legal responsibilities as assigned and supervised by the General Counsel including: researching the impact of federal, state and local consumer protection laws on the Company (and its network); manage the Company’s contract process with its counterparties, including the maintenance of a contract database; develop, and lead, various process improvement projects; and, maintenance of a database of corporate governance documents.
Essential Functions & Job Responsibilities:
- Work with General Counsel to support the business in various substantive areas
- Assist with enhancing and continuing improvement of legal team’s industry-leading practices/processes
- Preparing, reviewing and negotiating contracts and other legal documents on behalf of the Company
- Researching and anticipating relevant legal issues that could impact the Company
- Devise, implement and manage process improvements that will aid the general operations of the Company
- Develop and maintain master spreadsheets to track material matters within the department, including, contracts, litigation, indemnification and intra-departmental requests.
- Developing the organization’s policies on industry-specific issues, corporate governance and other regulatory affairs
- Other tasks as assigned
Physical Demand & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: The ability to remain in a stationary position roughly 75% of the time as well as the ability to move about the office occasionally (accessing files/storage, office equipment, attend meetings, etc.). Using a computer while sitting for extended periods is common. Occasional exertion of 10 – 20 lbs. of force (e.g. picking up / carrying folders, binders, books, laptops) may be required. Good manual dexterity required to use common office equipment (e.g. computers, copiers, mobile devices).
- Work environment: The job is typically performed indoors in a traditional office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Excellent research and written and oral communication skills
- Confidence while making presentations of complex matters
- Demonstrated experience with effectively managing multiple projects/priorities
- Proven ability to make sound judgments and decisions and able to quickly assess problems/situations and provide effective resolutions/solutions
- Intellectually curious
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse level of business and legal personnel
- Team player who is able to work independently without supervision
- Strong knowledge of regulatory and/or compliance requirements and an ability to apply them in a way that is reflective of the business needs
- High level of integrity, discretion and judgment
- Undergraduate degree
- Minimum five years of prior legal experience
- Prior experience working in the debt collection industry for a law firm, collection agency, debt buyer or creditor is a plus
TRAKAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our company offers a competitive, experience-based salary; a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid holidays, paid time off, health insurance, and 401k plan; and a performance-based bonus structure. Any offer of employment conveyed by TRAKAmerica is conditional upon the successful completion of the company’s lawful pre-employment checks/screens including but not limited to criminal background check, credit check, and drug testing (to the extent permitted and in accordance with applicable law).
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Why Work Here?Based in Bonita Springs, FL, TRAK is a leading provider of outsourced legal recoveries to credit issuers and financial institutions. The Company utilizes a proprietary technology-enabled workflow management and data-analytics platform to provide a prioritized, streamlined and compliance-driven solution for consumer receivables. TRAK’s national legal network of law firms collects hundreds of millions in charged-off receivables on behalf of blue-chip clients annually. The Company’s legal-focused strategy generates an industry leading return on investment versus all other recovery methods.
Work for a tech company that values its employees’ work-life balance, offers great benefits, & is committed to the success of its clients!
Bonita Springs, FL