Physician Administrative Support Supervisor
- Expired: April 13, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Pay: $24.66 - $32.02 per hour
The Physician Administrative Supervisor is responsible for the management and oversight of the physician admin support (PAS) department, a hybrid team of in office and remote staff. This position is also the primary point of contact for the Centralized Staffing Office.
The primary function of PAS is to help facilitate efficient communications between our providers and the referring community, our hospital partners, and our own TRA Medical Imaging staff. In addition to handling a high volume of calls, the PAS team is responsible for a variety of other administrative tasks and operates 24/7, 365 days a year.
This position requires a person with strong interpersonal skills who is focused on supporting staff growth, development, can lead by example and experience with supervising in-office and remote staff. Models excellent customer service to internal and external customers. May be responsible for handling more complex, escalated, or urgent issues. Performs a variety of tasks. Advanced analytical skills are required.
A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. The position requires strong organizational skills, discretion, judgment, problem solving ability and the ability to maintain confidential information. Leads and directs the work of others under the immediate supervision of the Administrative Services Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervises PAS team to include: hiring, training, coaching, and coordinating team schedules.
- Working member of the PAS team.
- Ensures high quality standards are met by providing clearly defined expectations/training; performing regular QA; conducting monthly one-on-ones and regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Collaborates with team on problem solving and developing action plans.
- Monitors call volumes and productivity to ensure appropriate staffing levels.
- Demonstrates proficiency with PAS operations: manage multiple phone lines using a centralized phone system; relay information efficiently and accurately between radiologists, technologists and other healthcare providers; and provide back-up coverage for PAS.
Primary point of contact for the Centralized Staffing Office:
- Proficient use of staff scheduling software;
- Assists operational leadership (modality specialists, site operation supervisors, etc.) with updating and publishing staff schedules.
- Reviews work schedules and ensures assignment of duties to department staff to maintain work flow and achieve department and organization-wide goals. Makes recommendations for staffing changes as needed.
- Works in collaborative and supportive manner with the Administrative Services Manager in overseeing PTO, low census and resource availability.
- Responsible for the approval of Paid Time Off requests ensuring that adequate coverage of the department is a priority
- Review time cards and submit to payroll for analysis prior to due date, making edits when appropriate.
- Demonstrates coaching and personnel development skills. Point of contact to assist in the resolution of department personnel concerns, including triage to Administrative Services Manager as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency with information systems and other systems utilized within the department.
- Provides input on department staff performance and identify/address any performance management concerns and provide coaching to team as needed, under direction of Administrative Services Manager.
- Maintain confidentiality of all center and patient information at all times, as required by facility policy and HIPAA guidelines.
- Troubleshoot daily operational problems; uses judgment to escalate all in-depth issues to Administrative Services Manager.
- Practice quality customer service in a team environment.
- Provide overall office support to include but not limited to; mail distribution, assisting with administrative tasks, emails, coordinate appointment/conference room calendars, perform research activities, faxing, type and disseminate letters, compose and maintain routine documents when necessary, schedule meetings, coordinate catering needs and other special projects in support of other departments.
- Check work email frequently throughout the day.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High school Diploma or GED required
- Associate Degree or secondary training preferred
- Three to five years medical, receptionist, and/or supervisory experience required
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel for generating productivity reports.
- Training and development - Knowledge of employee training and development methodologies and ability to ensure that a target population has the knowledge and skills required to meet team and individual objectives.
- Training and development - Knowledge of and ability to identify what people need to learn for successful individual and organizational performance.
- Training and development - Knowledge of and ability to utilize appropriate procedures, tools and techniques for developing a solution to stated training needs.
- Knowledge of and experience with implementing new or revised organizational structures, business processes and operational infrastructure required for enabling effective call center operation.
- Knowledge of all workflows and processes within department.
- Ability to problem solve within the scope of the position responsibilities.
- Knowledge of software, technologies and applications which allow people to interact with computers via a telephone, web or other electronic means.
- Ability to demonstrate effective customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively in teamwork environment and have respectful behavior while working as a team with co-workers.
- Ability to learn and understand medical terminology to assist in proper facilitation of training and handling tasks.
- Communicate professionally with other medical facilities, patients, and customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and carry out instructions effectively.
Work is classified as sedentary in physical requirements. Requires the ability to lift/carry 1-5 pounds frequently, occasionally 10 pounds maximum.
Work requires high attention to detail and the ability to handle mentally stressful situations. The ability to maintain high level of sensitivity towards confidential information is also required.
Work environment consists of normal office or administrative working conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
TRA Medical Imaging
BusinessView all jobs at TRA Medical Imaging