Supply Chain Manager - Cannabis Industry
Location: San Diego, CA 92110
Salary: $75 - 90k/yr
Start Date: ASAP
Direct Hire Opportunity
Our client is a cutting edge Cannibis and CBD health practioner company that has a mission to engage the cannibis plant to empower a well-balanced life through a combination of research science and natural medicine. We are a 4 year start-up company so this is an unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor and be part of the fastest growing industry in America.
We are looking for an amazing individual who will develop and execute best practices in managing inventory, supply chain, and operations to maximize customer experience, sales, margin, instock rates and inventory turns. This person will act as the controller of our product inventory and will interface closely with manufacturing facilities and suppliers to ensure operations are running smoothly and efficiently.
- Measure and improve purchasing lead times, reduce operational defects, and improve systems to streamline operations between our internal process, vendors, and contract manufacturers
- Communicate with vendors and fulfillment partners regarding operational performance metrics and recommend actions to lower operational costs, reduce defects, and enhance operational efficiency
- Perform root cause analysis/reporting on operational issues, develop action plans and manage improvements
- Conduct day to day business analysis, supporting the supply chain organization
- Own status and results communications on key business metrics
- Create and maintain a 3PL supply chain performance dashboard to monitor fulfillment performance
Forecasting / Procurement Responsibilities:
- Work with internal designers and external suppliers to create and maintain product packaging designs.
- Prototype packaging samples for evaluation and testing.
- Actively manage packaging related supplier relationships, associated costs, agreements, and respective usage allocations.
- Analyze and summarize Request for Quote (RFQ) response data and facilitate the supplier selection process from all packaging sourcing events.
- Develop and ensure execution of strategies that improve the agility and reliability of the supply base in support of new product launches and line extensions.
- Proactively seek out new suppliers/materials and capture market-driven cost saving opportunities through awareness of market drivers, negotiations, and synergistic opportunities while simultaneously improving quality and operating efficiencies
- Maintain component specifications, packaging assembly instructions, and product filling instructions.
- Analyze regional spend data and understand the business needs
- Understand the Procurement and Sourcing functions within the organization in delivering against key metrics
- Develop bottoms up forecasts to anticipate impact by channel
- Work with external vendors, understanding forecast and demand planning requirements across multiple programs in multiple geographies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field.
- 5 years’ experience in Supply Chain or Operations positions, 3-5 years in Planning, Supply Chain and/or Operations.
- GMP experience a major plus
- Experience in S&OP scenario planning and/or financial modeling.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities.
- Proven leadership skills with strong written and verbal communication skills to work internally and externally at all levels of management and with peers.
- Experience using ERP storage systems, knowledge of Fishbowl and Stocktrim a major plus
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including strong working knowledge of Excel. Quickbooks a plus.
Please submit your resume in PDF or Word version to be considered.