Social Media / Content Manager - Cannabis Industry
Location: San Diego, CA 92110
Salary: $45k/yr + Bonuses + Incentives
Start Date: ASAP
Direct Hire Opportunity
Our client is a cutting edge Cannibis and CBD health practioner company that has a mission to engage the cannibis plant to empower a well-balanced life through a combination of research science and natural medicine. We are a 4 year start-up company so this is an unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor and be part of the fastest growing industry in America.
Do you tweet, share, and post to social media in your sleep? Do you know what it takes to grow an online community? We're looking for a social media manager to manage our social media accounts by implementing strategies and tactics that grow our followers, engage and retain them, and help convert them into leads, customers, and active fans and promoters of our company. You should have command of best practices and trends in social media marketing, enjoy being creative, and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience.
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread both our brand and our content.
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing leads and customers as well as from brand new audiences.
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success (e.g., Twitter chats, LinkedIn discussions, etc.).
- Work alongside other marketers and content marketers to help distribute content that educates and entertains our audience and supports marketing goals.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks to reach our target buyers.
- Track, measure, and analyze all initiatives to report on social media ROI.
- Create and manage online forums in order to educate and drive conversations around product use and feedback.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- The ability to ramp up your knowledge about the cannabis industry as quickly as possible and create limitless amounts of content of all types.
- Active and well-rounded personal presence in social media, with a command of each network and their best practices.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Proficiency in using social media software (e.g. HubSpot's Social Inbox) to monitor social media conversations. You will be our ear to the ground to route the appropriate marketer, sales rep, and/or support rep to social conversations.
- Bonus experience and skills include Adobe Creative Suite, demand generation, inbound marketing, photography, video editing, influencer marketing, and blogging.
Please submit your resume in PDF or Word version to be considered.