Lab Systems Analyst - Pharmaceutical Industry
Location: Novato, CA
Pay Rate: DOE (Shift Differentials Available)
Start Date: 8/31/20
12 Month Contract Role
Department: Information Management
Job Category: Information Technology
On behalf of our BioPharma industry client we are seeking a 'Lab System Analyst' for a 12 month contract assignment. The Information Management (IM) Enterprise Architecture (EA) Scientific Platforms (SP) department seek a highly talented and motivated Lab System Analyst to support applications used to monitor and analyze biologics process monitoring. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to partner closely with both scientists, engineers and IT professionals within multiple departments at multiple sites. She/he will play a key role in evaluating, designing, deploying and maintaining hardware and application systems. Experience with pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical industries would be a plus.
The ideal candidate will work closely with various IT teams, analysts, users and vendors to assess requirements, design, procure and implement laboratory computer system. Implementation and maintenance of these computer systems requires a strong emphasis on documentation and change control in accordance with maintaining systems in a regulated environment. While designing systems, the candidate would both research and recommend hardware, software and services by analyzing vendor proposals. Long term support of systems will require the candidate to administer and maintain systems ensuring software and hardware are maintained at levels appropriate for critical laboratory processes. Finally, the ideal candidate will possess expert knowledge in a variety of laboratory applications, operating system, network architectures and database environments.
- Contribute to the development and on-going support of the enterprise systems (i.e., client, application, database systems) supporting laboratory applications (e.g., Labware LIMS, MODA-EM, IDBS ELN, SoftMax Pro, WinKQCL)
- Author supporting documentation and execute tests
- Provide system configuration guidance and consultation
- Research, test and recommend specific system hardware and software options to meet platform needs
- Possibly assist with off-hours monthly maintenance patching and updating activities
- Support application/system deployment projects emphasizing the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Able and willing to transport, lift and install personal computer (PC) equipment in a controlled laboratory environment
- Troubleshoot IT issues and provide excellent customer service to our clients
- Work closely with Business Analyst team and internal IT groups to facilitate issue resolution
- Ensure all tracks of project implementation occurs in accordance with established change control procedures
- Able to work independently and research answers on own. This includes talking to vendors, searching solutions on the internet, etc.
- Energetic/self-motivated, able to work independently and in team with strong organizational skills
- This role is located in Novato, CA, United States supporting satellite offices in San Rafael
Skills & Education:
- Minimum B.S. or greater in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field or significant experience in supporting laboratory platforms in the pharmaceutical industry.
- COMPTIA A+ Certification nice bonus.
- Minimum of 5-years’ experience in troubleshooting and supporting client/server hardware and applications on Windows Operating System environment including servicing PC internal hardware upgrading and/or replacing parts
- Familiarity with System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Computer Systems Validation (CSV) (e.g., authoring specification documents, authoring qualification test, executing qualification tests)
- Experience building and deploying validated systems in a regulated environment is a plus
- Strong knowledge of networking, group policy objects (GPOs), active directory (AD) and the deployment and support of client, application server and database server architecture within a validated enterprise environment
- Microsoft Server 2016, Microsoft Windows (e.g., 7, 10), Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle SQL
- Support of GxP laboratory software (e.g., Labware LIMS, MODA-EM, ELN, SoftMax Pro, WinKQCL)
- A solid communicator who can speak and write effectively to technical and non-technical people
- A team-player able to collaborate and add-value in determining solutions
- Would be a plus if candidate has general knowledge of the underlying scientific principles applied to the development and manufacture of biopharmaceuticals.
- Additional, plus is experience with integration of laboratory equipment to laboratory information management systems.
Please submit your resume in PDF or Word format to be considered
TPS Group LLCThe TPS Group, www.tpsmithgroup.com, is a recruiting and staffing firm that is a trusted recruiting partner to top companies.