This is a newly created role with our client, a publicly traded company in the cannabis industry. This role is to build out their non-cannabis e-commerce site. Key experience they are seeking is people with Filled By Amazon (FBA), seller central, and supply chain inventory management knowledge. As our client will use Amazon for order fulfillment and shipping of merchandise purchased from their web site. Salary is open with equity available via Stock Options.
JOB SCOPE AND DESCRIPTION:
We are looking to hire an individual who will develop and execute best practices in managing inventory, supply chain, and operations to maximize customer experience, sales, margin, instock rates and inventory turns. This person will act as the controller of the non-cannabis product inventory and will interface closely with all facilities and partner operations to ensure operations are running smoothly and efficiently.
FBA Integration and Item Master Setup
He or she will also own driving improvement in inventory availability and efficiency, purchasing efficiency, and costs reduction across all non-cannabis inventory businesses. We are looking for a smart, analytical, and innovative leader who can help solve these problems in a scalable way that will support rapid growth as well as our long-term business strategy. They must be fearless but thoughtful in their pursuit of results and thrive in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.
A successful candidate possesses superb business judgment, instock, supply chain, or operations management experience, strong skills in working collaboratively and cross functionally, and a track record of delivering results. This person will have strong analytical capabilities, including experience handling large and complex data sets as well as understanding inputs into system driven demand forecasts.
• Measure and improve purchasing lead times, reduce operational defects, and improve systems to streamline operations
• Communicate with vendors regarding operational performance metrics and recommend actions to lower operational costs, reduce defects, and enhance operational efficiency
• Perform root cause analysis/reporting on operational issues, develop action plans and manage improvements
• Own status and results communications on key business metrics
• Develop bottoms up forecasts to anticipate impact by channel
• Develop data-driven customer insights that are actionable and impactful
• Advanced working knowledge of data mining using SQL, ETL, data warehouse as well as Excel
FBA Inventory Setup and Management
• Manage, optimize, and create Product Listings on Amazon.com and other Seller Central Amazon sites
• SKU & UPC management: descriptions, new item set up, activation/deactivation, attribute and image optimization, inventory & shipment management, etc.
• Optimize content and copywriting of existing and new products on Amazon.com
• Monitor and analyze ASIN performance, rankings, ratings and customer reviews
• Analyze product sales performance to determine the best and worst performing SKUs
• Forecast and plans inventory purchases and FBA shipments to Amazon fulfillment centers to ensure proper stock level for the main warehouse and Amazon fulfillment centers.
• Architect successful product launches that drive listing SEO and create product demand.