Engineering Technician IV - Computer Hardware Industry
Location: Irvine, CA
Pay Rate: $30 - $34/hr
Start Date: 3/2/20
10 month Contract Role
Job Category: Engineering
Our client is seeking a "Engineering Technician IV" with a passion for technology and joining the world's leading storage solutions provider who is all about delivering the possibilities of data.
- An engineering technician's primary task is assisting engineers or scientists, with specific duties usually depending on the technician's field of specialization.
- Engineering technicians primarily play three roles: support, diagnostics, and maintenance.
- Actual requirements and duties vary widely and include creative tasks such as aiding in product or tool design.
- Other duties may include maintaining assembly or manufacturing systems, assessing and controlling production quality, diagnosing flaws, and conducting repairs.
- The technician will assist with executing tests for enterprise drive programs, specifically on Channel systems, interpreting test results, assist with first level FA, status reporting, maintenance and organization of Channel systems, running automated test suites to enable products on Intel and Broadcom's AVL
- Ability to manage execution of test efforts with minimal supervision
- Organize, bring up and maintain lab systems
assist the engineers with interpreting test results, first level debug, status reporting, logs
- Responsible for maintaining and tracking drive inventory, system inventory, tools, etc.,
Education & Experience:
- Diploma or higher in an engineering discipline
- Ability to troubleshoot minor system issues and able to handle preventative maintenance
- Ability to maintain supporting infrastructure
- Ability to modify and write simple test scripts a plus
- Basics in computers, network and storage preferred
Working knowledge of office tools - Outlook, MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), etc.
Please submit your resume in Word or PDF version to be considered.