IT Support Specialist III - Datacenter Industry
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Pay Rate: DOE
Start Date: ASAP
13 month Contract (potential to extend or convert)
Department: GTS Enterprise InfrastructureServices
Job Category: Information Technology
On behalf of our leading global interconnection platform and data center provider client, we are seeking a 'IT Support Specialist III' to join a strong team with a passion for transforming digital ecosystems.
- Responsible for providing level 2 & 3 support by responding to, evaluating, and prioritizing incoming IT support requests to the IT service desk by internal end users in a flexible, fast paced and growing, but very customer focused environment.
- These requests are based from all metros where the company has internal employees and on hardware and/or software issues affecting end user technology devices including Dell/Apple/Microsoft desktops/laptops, iPhones, Android, Zoom VC, and Cisco VoIP phones.
- Follows-up on any open incidents, escalates to Sr. IT team members (when appropriate), to ensure all SLAs are met and incidents are resolved in a short time frame.
- Ability to be dynamic and reactive as well as creating and driving process to increase IT efficiency, drive pro-activeness, and educate end users on how best utilize the technology provided.
- Troubleshoot to resolution Windows 7/8.1/10, Mac OSX, Microsoft Office 365, and other internal application software issues as assigned
- Image, configure, upgrade, and repair Dell, Surface, Apple desktops and laptops
- Active Directory, MS Exchange, SCCM, JAMF administration including add/change/move requests
- Administer and maintain iPhone and Android mobile phones\tablets via InTune MDM
- Remote support for all metros in North America (Seattle, Silicon Valley, LA, Denver, Dallas, Miami, Atlanta, Chicago, Toronto, Boston, Tampa, NY, DC)
- Complete desktop and telecom related projects as assigned (e.g., software or hardware deployments, office moves, IT license audits, etc.).
- Help troubleshoot and work with telecom engineers to resolve end user telecom issues
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Help build and a rich IT knowledge base by creating and maintaining process and resolution documentation
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions
- Determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
Education & Experience:
- Advanced to expert knowledge of SCCM, JAMF, Windows 7/8.1/10, Mac OSX, Office O365
- Understanding of system administration, basic networking and VoIP concepts
- 4 - 6 years' experience working in a fast paced and dynamic but VERY customer focused IT Helpdesk environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or MIS or equivalent work experience
- Detail oriented, deadline and results driven
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service background
- Intel based Mac OSX hardware/software support is required
- MCDST or higher Microsoft IT Professional certification
- JAMF 201
Please submit your resume in Word or PDF version to be considered.
TPS Group LLCThe TPS Group, www.tpsmithgroup.com, is a recruiting and staffing firm that is a trusted recruiting partner to top companies.