The award-winning Vancouver Convention Centre (VCC) is currently in search of an Event Technician Assistant (Casual) to join our team. Reporting to the Assistant Manager of Event Production Services, the Event Technician Assistant will be responsible for supporting the team of technicians for electrical and plumbing installations for various events. The Events Technician Assistant will work responsibly, use best judgment in all situations and collaborate effectively with the team.
BC Pavilion Corporation (PavCo) is a provincial Crown Corporation with a significant mandate to generate economic and community benefit for the people of British Columbia through its world-class facilities - BC Place Stadium and the Vancouver Convention Centre. Our internationally- recognized facilities host a diverse range of events, from global summit meetings, professional and amateur sports to trade and consumer shows, and cultural, film and entertainment events, generating in excess of $400 million annually of economic benefit.
PavCo is recognized as a global leader in venue development, marketing, and management. The Province’s flagship stadium, BC Place is proudly referred to as “Canada’s Home Stadium” for international sporting events. The iconic Vancouver Convention Centre is the world’s first double LEED® Platinum certified convention facility and has twice been named “World’s Best Convention Centre”.
Across all business units, PavCo’s team of approximately 800 staff collaborate with a diverse range of local and international partners, official suppliers with over 1,400 staff, and clientele to host an exciting year-round schedule of events. Together, we consistently deliver an outstanding level of commitment, skill, and professionalism as we host exceptional experiences for a global audience.
WHY WORK WITH US:
Located on Vancouver’s downtown waterfront with a dramatic mountain backdrop, the Vancouver Convention Centre offers one of the most beautiful settings in the world to build your career.
Our award-winning facility hosts upwards of 550 events a year, from global conventions and trade and consumer shows to meetings, banquets, and special events, welcoming hundreds of thousands of attendees from around the world. Apart from generating vital economic activity for BC, these events provide an important platform for the exchange of knowledge and information across industry sectors. The Convention Centre is an enviable position, consistently attracting globally sought-after events that bring industry leaders from around the world working in medicine, education, arts, intellectual science, and many other influential fields.
Apart from the distinction of ‘Best Convention Centre and Best Convention Centre Service in North America’ by Watkins Research Group, we are proud to be the world’s first double LEED® Platinum certified convention centre. Our commitment to global leadership in environmental sustainability does not stop at our building; we follow sustainable practices daily from our ‘scratch’ kitchen that provides healthy food offerings to our staff and guests using fresh, local and seasonal ingredients, to our extensive facility-wide recycling program.
At the Convention Centre, you will join an extraordinary team recognized for a commitment to delivering unparalleled, seamless service to our guests and leadership in all aspects of our business. Our leaders are passionate about the growth of others, investing the time to coach, teach and advise every day. Leaders look for talent and find opportunities for that talent to flourish and shine.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Work individually and as part of a team assisting the technicians with electrical and basic water connections.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the electrician shop and work areas to a high standard.
- Assist with maintaining an inventory list of electrical tools and equipment.
- Install basic temporary electrical and plumbing services (under supervision).
- Learning how to route temporary power cables and extension cords, from the buildings power outlets to our customers requested locations using different installation procedures
- Work within tight deadlines and under pressure to complete requirements safely and to standards.
- Adhere to all work safety regulations and practices and maintain a safe working environment.
- Provide assistance to Lead Event Technicians as directed.
- Perform other related duties as required
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- You are eager and willing to maintain a high level of service excellence in a fast-paced environment.
- You do everything in your role to meet or exceed guest/client expectations.
- You must be a team player who is able to work collaboratively with various teams across VCC.
- You will have exceptional communication skills, as you’ll be able to clearly express ideas, thoughts, and concepts verbally and in writing.
- You are committed to maintaining a safe work environment.
- You are physically fit to install long runs of heavy cables in all environments and be able to lift, carry, push, or pull medium weights up to 75 lbs.
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative team dedicated to achieving outstanding results.
The team at PavCo thanks you for your application.