Tee up your career as a part of our team with the TPC Network!
The Sales and Catering Manager’s primary focus is on new and returning sales for Food & Beverage Banquet business and complete banquet event order with event details.
High school diploma or equivalent education, college degree preferred.
Thorough knowledge of general business, catering and sales procedures as would be acquired through at least four years of similar experience.
Must have previous customer service experience, high-end establishment experience preferred.
- Networks in the local community. Maintains appropriate client and member files and contacts, including BEO files
- Primarily networks offsite generating and meeting new leads for banquet events
- Sells the club against the local competition. Conducts market surveys to ensure club position in the local market
- Develops and executes the strategic business plan for catering sales. Utilize software tools (Sales Force and Caterease) to forecast revenue and business levels and help manage and track the sales process
- Acts as the liaison between club and clients
- Secures financial deposits and writes a letter to the client itemizing the initial discussions of the banquet contract
- Prepares banquet contract, estimates and forecasts prices for the event. Communicates club policies to the client, in a pleasant manner making them feel welcome and at ease
- Selects vendors and prepares purchase orders for timely payment to the selected vendors
- Calculates and ensures that event pricing, taxes and service charges are correct
- Ensures timeliness and collections of all financial deposits and commitments
- Contacts client to obtain/confirm all final guarantees (final # of guests) for the event
- Orchestrates vendors' schedules and communicates delivery and set up times for decorating or theming the room
- Assume responsibility as the manager/supervisor on the floor (front-of-house) as needed for banquets, ensuring food and service standards are maintained
- Assume responsibility for and assist in the cleanliness and proper set-up of dining room, meeting and banquet rooms, and check maintenance of all equipment in these areas
- Visually inspects the room prior to the event
- Maintains accurate records of current and previous clients utilizing Caterease to maintain the process
- Manages and maintains relationships with special event vendors (florists, rental companies, entertainers etc.)
- Resolves client concerns with regard to the event
- Reviews the client's invoice for accuracy and agreement with the contract. Recommends discounts if service or food was not up to clients' expectations
- Assists Director of Food & Beverage in developing and executing marketing plan designed to grow our current banquet client base while maintaining our preferred clients
- Operates within all guidelines, policies, standards and constraints as established by PGA TOUR Golf Course Properties INC and operates under all mandatory standards of operations as they relate to Food and Beverage operations
- Conduct annual performance reviews for all direct reports
- Forecasts banquet/special event revenue
- Writes thank you letter to the client
- Special projects or other duties as assigned
Why Work Here?TPC Sugarloaf offers 27 holes of private golf designed by Greg Norman located within the gated community of Sugarloaf Country Club in Duluth, Georgia. TPC Sugarloaf’s featured 18 holes, The Stables and The Meadows, are accented by tree-lined Bermuda fairways, streams, lakes, and hills. TPC Sugarloaf also features The Pines course, a third nine that is slightly shorter in distance, but every bit as compelling as the original pair. TPC Sugarloaf is also host to the PGA TOUR Champions Mitsubishi Electric Classic.
Great benefits, Flexible schedules, Lunch Provided, Tuition Assistance, Playing privileges to a PGA Tour course